2024 WR Talk

nicfre2011

14 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

I never watched any Florida State games. Can Johnny Wilson actually play or is he just a big body? With his size and athletic profile he could be a red zone God if he actually has skills.

Devin Funchess 2.0

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Didn’t worthy play with a broken hand in 2022? Seemed like he had way less drops last season in comparison 

His hands probably aren't as bad as I'm making them out to be. But, it doesn't seem like he has natural hands. He double catches or drops the ball more times than I would prefer in the games that I have watched.

5 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

His hands probably aren't as bad as I'm making them out to be. But, it doesn't seem like he has natural hands. He double catches or drops the ball more times than I would prefer in the games that I have watched.

He also is weirdly capable of catching jump balls in traffic. Worthy is legit good. Before the 4.21 speed. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

He also is weirdly capable of catching jump balls in traffic. Worthy is legit good. Before the 4.21 speed. 

Eh, smaller Will Fuller V. Don't get me wrong, Worthy is definitely more explosive. But his play style reminds me SO MUCH of Fuller. He's I think an inch shorter and 10-15 lbs lighter. His vertical beat Fuller's by like 6 inches, and Fuller ran like a 4.34 versus Worthy's 4.21. But on tape? Will Fuller.

Fuller was dominant at times in his career but injuries derailed him. Never really was a true #1 though. Worthy is the same imo. 

Much better route runner than you'd think, snaps in and out of breaks and has game breaking long speed. Can play a much more physical game than you would hope but has body limitations. Concentration drops and hands that frustrate you at times, but good enough to warrant volume in the passing game.

I am super super bullish on this comp.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Devin Funchess 2.0

Yes!  This is the name i blanked on earlier with Johnny Wilson.  Same player.  Though i'm not even sure Funchess wasn't actually a better college player.  Though in any case, just not the sort of project i'd care to tinker with.

It's that whole "tall receiver" rather than a "big receiver".  Just very linear and reliant on height and being able to run in basically straight lines without disruption.

13 hours ago, CWood21 said:
On 3/2/2024 at 6:49 PM, rob_shadows said:

I never watched any Florida State games. Can Johnny Wilson actually play or is he just a big body? With his size and athletic profile he could be a red zone God if he actually has skills.

Devin Funchess 2.0

So WR#1, huh?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, THE DUKE said:

I said it before the combine, i'll say it again after the combine, Odunze is my WR2 in this draft.

I think it’s become the consensus.

I still like Nabers more myself, but I’m a little concerned that he didn’t measure at the combine.

I like Odunze as the WR3, but I wouldn't bet that he ends up as the WR3 in this draft. Top 5 would be a high price for me and maybe top 10, too. He feels more like a top-15 player in this class. My college-season comp was Courtland Sutton or Michael Pittman (depending on how he is used), and I still see that.