2024 WR Talk

nicfre2011

14 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Odunze is so overrated to me šŸ˜Ÿ

Has great work ethic, good athlete/size, and he catches ~75% of contested catches. Most good WRs are close to 50%.

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

Odunze is so overrated to me šŸ˜Ÿ

I don't think he's "so" overrated.Ā  I think he's a little overrated.Ā  He's a great prospect that some people think is a true blue chip.

Like honestly, the only thing that I worry about is the lack of separation.Ā  That's normally a huge red flag, but not always.Ā  Could just be the scheme.Ā  Speed is good enough, size is great, route running is good, contested catch ability is elite, intangibles seem to be elite.

Nickname ability (Doomsday) is super elite.

• Like 2

I suppose if me putting him in the conversation with MH and Nabers and thinking he could be the best WR in this draft could be ā€œoverratingā€ him but if he makes it out of the top 10, Iā€™d be shocked.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I'd say they're both at least on the cusp at their respective position.Ā  I don't know what team wouldn't kill for a guy like that with a super premium pick even.Ā  Especially when you're talking about that ultra valuable rookie deal.Ā  That's what youĀ hopeĀ that your top pick WR pans out to be.

Ā 

I think the biggest question is...who in this class is a "better" prospect?Ā  It's just really WR and OT heavy at the top.Ā  Plus the QBs who sort of...exist outside the normal hierarchy anyway.Ā  Maybe not "better prospects" but likely to be picked earlier anyway because QB is such a premium.Ā  Most other things...you're really just "reaching" for position in this draft.

Regarding Sutton and Pittman--I think they're probably tier-3 receivers behind tier-2 guys like Evans and Allen and tier-1 guys like Jefferson and Chase. I think Odunze's best outcome is a high-volume big slot like Michael Thomas, but that type of production is subject to the right situation.

In my mind, Odunze is at least behind the top 3 quarterbacks, top 3 tackles (including Fuaga), and the top 2 receivers. He's in the mix with Arnold, Turner, Bowers, and maybe JPJ for me in the next group. This is also a deep receiver draft.

Ā 

22 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Went back and watched a lot of Xavier Worthy after his fast 40 time and I've got to say, I'm more impressed than I expected. I liked him as a route runner before, I like him more now - more refined in his start/stop than I remembered. He can track a football, he transitions to become a runner after the catch so effortlessly. YAC are always on the cards with this guy. Whether you want him doing that at his size, is another question. Play strength is an issue, but he's not John Ross. He is a skilled receiver.Ā 

Yup. Worthy is somehow still being slept on. He was absolutely electric at times.Ā 

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 1

I will say Marvin Harrison Jr is lucky the rule of ugly only applies to QB's, or he'd have bust written all over his face.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I will say Marvin Harrison Jr is lucky the rule of ugly only applies to QB's, or he'd have bust written all over his face.

Ā 

Edited by Daniel
probably shouldn't have been said anyway
  • Like 1

Rank these 5:

Adonai Mitchell
Brian Thomas Jr
Keon Coleman
Ladd McConkey
Xavier Worthy

Don't give me any "Depends what you already have" BS. Pretend you have nothing and you just need a good WR, period. What order would you take them in?
Ā 

• Like 1

Just now, Jeezla said:

Rank these 5:

Adonai Mitchell
Brian Thomas Jr
Keon Coleman
Ladd McConkey
Xavier Worthy

Don't give me any "Depends what you already have" BS. Pretend you have nothing and you just need a good WR, period. What order would you take them in?
Ā 

Just swap Thomas and Mitchell on that list and that's the ranking imo.Ā  I wish the broadcast didn't cut off the drills for the second group of receivers, because I wanted to see Thomas.Ā  He and Mitchell are like neck and neck for me, but Thomas plays faster.Ā Ā 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Rank these 5:

Adonai Mitchell
Brian Thomas Jr
Keon Coleman
Ladd McConkey
Xavier Worthy

Ā 

BTJr

AD Mitchell

Keon Coleman

Ladd McConkey

Xavier Worthy

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Rank these 5:

Adonai Mitchell
Brian Thomas Jr
Keon Coleman
Ladd McConkey
Xavier Worthy

Ā 

Probably the order you have, but Worthy over Ladd.Ā