2024 WR Talk

nicfre2011

I think it's hard to pin down who's gonna be available once that third tier of receivers is off the board.  I think, confidently, I would say the big three, Thomas, and Mitchell are gone in round 1.  Franklin, Coleman, Worthy, McConkey, and Legette are definitely not making it to round 3, and at least one or two are going round one.

After that, it's tough to say, as there's no consensus.  I have Burton as the next up, but it could be any one of like eight guys (Wilson, Corley, Walker, Polk, McMillan, Washington, Baker, Pearsall).  But I'd say like 6 out of those 8 are still available in Round 3.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Daniel said:

I think it's hard to pin down who's gonna be available once that third tier of receivers is off the board.  I think, confidently, I would say the big three, Thomas, and Mitchell are gone in round 1.  Franklin, Coleman, Worthy, McConkey, and Legette are definitely not making it to round 3, and at least one or two are going round one.

After that, it's tough to say, as there's no consensus.  I have Burton as the next up, but it could be any one of like eight guys (Wilson, Corley, Walker, Polk, McMillan, Washington, Baker, Pearsall).  But I'd say like 6 out of those 8 are still available in Round 3.

Yeah.  I think this is the most reasonable way to look at it.  There are guys within that "3rd tier" who could go higher than expected and punch up into the 2nd or even 1st round, but i think it's easier to ballpark which guys in that "Big Three" and firmly in "2nd Tier" no matter what goes on around them.  And i think you nailed the names there.

As for the group after that...yeah...who really knows where these guys are going to go.  Could push high 2nd or could slip all the way to the Top of the 4th tbh.  I'd add a few other names to that as well, especially Ainias Smith who i think some teams could be a lot higher on than consensus, while other teams are probably a lot lower.

MHJ tries to underhand/scoop/cradle every catch. It's so weird. 

Like when I think of Larry Fitzgerald I think of him sticking his hands out and plucking the ball out the ball. MHJ catches like a little kid has to cause the ball is too big. 

like these back to back plays (it's actually 3 plays in a row! I realized when I continued the video). why wouldn't you try to catch these with your hands out instead of cradling them? he does it all the time. 

Edited by 11sanchez11
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

MHJ tries to underhand/scoop/cradle every catch. It's so weird. 

Like when I think of Larry Fitzgerald I think of him sticking his hands out and plucking the ball out the ball. MHJ catches like a little kid has to cause the ball is too big. 

like these back to back plays (it's actually 3 plays in a row! I realized when I continued the video). why wouldn't you try to catch these with your hands out instead of cradling them? he does it all the time. 

One drop in 2022.  Bad game I guess.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2023/10/141835/marvin-harrison-jr-frustrated-by-drops-against-purdue-because-he-s-chasing-standard-of-perfection?amp

3 hours ago, adamq said:

I know part of Nagy's job is to pump up his Senior Bowl guys, but he is pretty good at it

Not similar… watch the tape. McCaffrey goes down on first contact so much and isn’t much of a YAC threat. Puka can break tackles and accelerate in open space.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

McCaffrey goes down on first contact so much .... 

He is also skinny as a bean pole. Weight training will help with breaking tackles. There are a lot of other prospects who could use some weight work.

6 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Legette is a weird one, somehow fast but not quick. Reminds me a little of Mingo coming out last year. 

Yeah.  Legette has a weird build, a weird athletic profile, and a kind of weird play style profile as well.  Just a bit weird and different across the board really.  Makes him a real head scratcher for a good "comp".  I still really like him, but it's hard to point at any one particular NFL receiver and say, "that's him".

• Like 1