2024 WR Talk

nicfre2011

35 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I think talking heads are bored and are tired about talking about Harrison.  MHJr's floor is higher than any other WR in the draft.  

Yeah, if for nothing else, MHJ is a better prospect because he has plus size.  Assuming Nabers is 6 ft. even and 200 lbs, that's absolutely fine for a WR.  However, MHJ is 6'3" and 209 lbs.  That's prototype size.

The bloodline thing is hard to quantify, but boy it sure looks good.  You know he's grown up football.  Marvin Harrison Sr. had a long, productive career, and has been a consummate professional.  His son knows what's up too.

Those are really the only differences in quality to me.  I would bet that Nabers is probably faster, but not to the point that it matters: MHJ has more than enough speed to his game.  I think there's not a very big difference in how good they each are as prospects, but the difference is there.

37 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I think talking heads are bored and are tired about talking about Harrison.  MHJr's floor is higher than any other WR in the draft.  

It’s all about momentum.  When MHJ had Stroud he was considered WR1 by a fair margin coming into the season.  Nabers had the better QB luck this year now he’s got the momentum.  I think it’s fair to say MHJ underachieved this season despite the dip in QB play but the two year sample is enough to not drop off that spot.  I heard McShay on a podcast yesterday say MHJ is the most NFL ready WR he’s evaluated but has Nabers #1 because he “could” be Tyreek Hill.  It’s just typical pre-draft pretzeling that happens every year. 

9 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

Man, AD Mitchell is eerily similar to Ceedee Lamb to me. It's kind of scary.

I want him so bad after a trade down I think he's got so much potential they say he doesn't play at that speed though.

20 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I want him so bad after a trade down I think he's got so much potential they say he doesn't play at that speed though.

He definitely doesn't, but it's like, I thought he was a first rounder before that.  Knowing he also has crazy speed that can probably be utilized just makes him better.

I think he and Thomas have separated themselves from the rest of the class as the second tier of receivers.  Coleman, Franklin, and McConkey are the next tier as fringe firsts, and then there's a metric ton of guys in the second round range.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tyler735 said:

It’s not. Nabers wasn’t even the most freakish athletic WR on LSU let alone a more freakish athlete than Harrison. If Nabers went before Harrison (he won’t) it would be because of his route running and after catch ability. Not his freakish athleticism.

Then why does McShay say that Nabers has “Tyreek” potential? You don’t say that unless you think the guy is a freak athlete

I haven’t watched the tape personally, because there’s no way the Chiefs could draft any of these top guys, but it seems to be a running theme from draft guys about the Nabers vs MHJ debate

10 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Then why does McShay say that Nabers has “Tyreek” potential? You don’t say that unless you think the guy is a freak athlete

Just because McShay made an absurd comment doesn’t make it true. Nabers is nowhere near as fast as Tyreek Hill. Nabers has been timed in the 4.4 range in the 40 and has often been compared to a guy like Stefon Diggs.

Harrison has been said to run in the 4.3 range, has been clocked at 22+ mph this past season, reportedly able to do 20 reps of 225lbs on the bench, and a shuttle time under 4 seconds while being 6’3” 210lbs. 

On top of that, when watching him play, he has elite body control and ability to win jump balls. He moves far better and more fluid than someone his size should be able to. Also if we’re pulling up quotes here’s some good ones:

10 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I haven’t watched the tape personally, because there’s no way the Chiefs could draft any of these top guys, but it seems to be a running theme from draft guys about the Nabers vs MHJ debate

I think we found the issue here. Generally I’d recommend watching both players play before commenting on something like this.

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

Tyreek is such a unicorn that it's unfaire to compare players to him. Nabers is my WR1 and is a elite athlete but certainly not on Hill's level. Their game are not too similar either. 
But hey, it's off-season what would expect from talking media heads? They have to generate content!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

Just because McShay made an absurd comment doesn’t make it true. Nabers is nowhere near as fast as Tyreek Hill. Nabers has been timed in the 4.4 range in the 40 and has often been compared to a guy like Stefon Diggs.

Harrison has been said to run in the 4.3 range, has been clocked at 22+ mph this past season, reportedly able to do 20 reps of 225lbs on the bench, and a shuttle time under 4 seconds while being 6’3” 210lbs. 

On top of that, when watching him play, he has elite body control and ability to win jump balls. He moves far better and more fluid than someone his size should be able to. Also if we’re pulling up quotes here’s some good ones:

I think we found the issue here. Generally I’d recommend watching both players play before commenting on something like this.

I’m just telling you what I heard, don’t tell me what I can’t or can comment on 😂 it’s not just McShay saying it, just an example provided here 

I can’t find any of these numbers you’re referring too, did you time those yourself or just hear it from somebody else?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chiefer said:

I’m just telling you what I heard, don’t tell me what I can’t or can comment on 😂 it’s not just McShay saying it, just an example provided here 

Hey if you wanna make assessments on players traits on players you’ve admittedly not watched, have at it 🤣

1 minute ago, Chiefer said:

I can’t find any of these numbers you’re referring too, did you time those yourself or just hear it from somebody else?

Look harder.

3 hours ago, Daniel said:

Yeah, if for nothing else, MHJ is a better prospect because he has plus size.  Assuming Nabers is 6 ft. even and 200 lbs, that's absolutely fine for a WR.  However, MHJ is 6'3" and 209 lbs.  That's prototype size.

The bloodline thing is hard to quantify, but boy it sure looks good.  You know he's grown up football.  Marvin Harrison Sr. had a long, productive career, and has been a consummate professional.  His son knows what's up too.

Those are really the only differences in quality to me.  I would bet that Nabers is probably faster, but not to the point that it matters: MHJ has more than enough speed to his game.  I think there's not a very big difference in how good they each are as prospects, but the difference is there.

The whole bloodlines thing is kind of funny.  You can definitely see it with MHJ in a big way.  You can also see it with Brenden Rice...but it doesn't seem like it all comes as naturally to him.  It's evident that he also "grew up football", but the little tricks and habits feel stiff and robotic and sort of "tacked on" to me, rather than super naturally incorporated into his game like with MHJ.

It's just interesting how it all seems to come so much more naturally to MHJ, where there are all these little details that it doesn't look like he's even really consciously taking advantage of...and Rice looks like he's always really thinking about everything.

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

The whole bloodlines thing is kind of funny.  You can definitely see it with MHJ in a big way.  You can also see it with Brenden Rice...but it doesn't seem like it all comes as naturally to him.  It's evident that he also "grew up football", but the little tricks and habits feel stiff and robotic and sort of "tacked on" to me, rather than super naturally incorporated into his game like with MHJ.

It's just interesting how it all seems to come so much more naturally to MHJ, where there are all these little details that it doesn't look like he's even really consciously taking advantage of...and Rice looks like he's always really thinking about everything.

I thought of Rice as well. Rice must look like his mom, and he’s not built like his dad at all either. They aren’t similar in like any way.

MHJ looks a lot like his dad, but is bigger, taller, and more athletic.

• Like 1

Nabers may end up being the best receiver in this draft, but honestly feels like a lot of  "I'm the smartest guy in the room and here's why" energy if you take him above Harrison. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Nabers may end up being the best receiver in this draft, but honestly feels like a lot of  "I'm the smartest guy in the room and here's why" energy if you take him above Harrison. 

This.

Nabers may end up better, but MHJ is the better prospect.

• Like 1