Week #14 General 🏈 Discussion

Steelersfan43

8 hours ago, Geezy said:

That post game exchange with Allen was super weak. Looks like the kid that takes his ball and goes home when he doesn’t get his way. 

Chiefs fans gotta be embarrassed about this…. But Mahomes and Reid should wake up feeling 1000x more embarrassed than anyone. Hopefully they come out and apologize bc the way they handled themselves was extremely poor (especially with how EASY that call was to make as an official). My general rule of officiating is do NOT miss the easy ones. That was, in fact, an easy one

• Like 1

Point Differential is usually a better indicator of long-term success (or lack of it) than the W/L record. Vikings & Giants for example were overachievers last year and have fallen back down to earth. Thought it would be interesting to see the top/bottom 5 teams using that metric

Top 5 teams by point differential

1. Cowboys +188

2. 49ers +175

3. Ravens +143

4. Dolphins +118 (play tonight on MNF)

5. Bills +104

Bottom 5 teams by point differential 

1. Panthers -144

2. Commanders -134

3. Giants -133 (play tonight on MNF)

4. Patriots -103

5. Cardinals -101

Biggest shocker looking at point differential - 10-3 Eagles at +21. Thats less than the 7-6 Vikings at +23 or even the 6-7 Saints at +24.

Edited by 49ersfan

4 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Whats the most disappointment is Josh Allen has had some of the most heart broken losses in the Playoffs against Mahomes and just went to mid field to congratulate Mahomes. While Mahomes throws a temper trantrum over a correct call and goes and complains to Josh Allen like he can do anything about it. Just very poor sportmanship shown to a guy who has treated every heartbroken loss with class

Embarrassing 

• Like 2

Mahomes and the Chiefs as a whole have had limited adversity the during the Mahomes era. They had one of their biggest ones yesterday and handed it so poorly. Mahomes yelling at the refs, bitching and complaining to Josh Allen in the post game handshake, then following up with the press conference stuff talking about this affecting Kelce and the Hall of Fame is a terrible look. Especially when they’ve been the beneficiary of calls in the past.

And the crazy thing is Toney was clearly offsides, so it wasn’t some ticky tac call imo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

Point Differential is usually a better indicator of long-term success (or lack of it) than the W/L record. Vikings & Giants for example were overachievers last year and have fallen back down to earth. Thought it would be interesting to see the top/bottom 5 teams using that metric

Top 5 teams by point differential

1. Cowboys +188

2. 49ers +175

3. Ravens +143

4. Dolphins +118 (play tonight on MNF)

5. Bills +104

Bottom 5 teams by point differential 

1. Panthers -144

2. Commanders -134

3. Giants -133 (play tonight on MNF)

4. Patriots -103

5. Cardinals -101

Biggest shocker looking at point differential - 10-3 Eagles at +21. Thats less than the 7-6 Vikings at +23 or even the 6-7 Saints at +24.

Eagles are frauds. Good W/L in a ton of close games. Something to be said for that, but at the end of the day, if having a winning/losing record comes down to a coin-flip, you're not good.

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I've asked this question a million times but it bears repeating again: How the hell does Brandon Staley still have a job?

I don't remember who it was, but I thought one of the chargers fans had mentioned that spanos hadn't fired a coach mid season in like 25 years

6 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Look at the difference between the top receiver who lined up “on the line” vs Toney, who is past the center.

kadarius-toney-offsides.jpg

It isn’t insignificant, it’s an entire yard difference from the top receiver.

I mean, literally middle school receivers know to check with the officials who literally tell you to scoot up or back.

Even if he is “on” the line which he clearly isn’t, the top receiver is then off and it’s illegal formation.

Looking at this, Jawaan Taylor is lined up in the backfield for the umpteenth time this season, too. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I've asked this question a million times but it bears repeating again: How the hell does Brandon Staley still have a job?

Because they have improved every year under his watch until this year.

I am probably going to log off for the day after posting this, because I don't want to have to lawyer for a guilty client here, but I was arguing my "save McDermott" take to my buddy and he hit me with a "what about Staley?" conundrum that put me in a really gross spot. 

Because he's basically a poor man's McDermott at this point, right? He took a team that was coming off 5-11 and 7-9 seasons and turned in 9-8 and 10-7 win seasons, respectively, in a division with arguable the best franchise in football the last few years.

Now, I don't want to argue for Staley's leash because A) he doesn't have playoff wins like McDermott does and B) he has clearly been the obvious problem at times, but I can see why he at least would get to finish the season.

I know 1 bad season = fired in the NFL (especially if it's not the first season), but they are 5-8 prior to losing their QB, which isn't Panthers-level terrible. Again, I wouldn't stand on a soap box against firing him, but I can see why he makes it to the end of the year.

3 hours ago, elevators_rule said:

Eagles are frauds. Good W/L in a ton of close games. Something to be said for that, but at the end of the day, if having a winning/losing record comes down to a coin-flip, you're not good.

To be fair, they did beat the best of the best - went 5-0 vs the Dolphins, Commanders (division rival), Cowboys, Chiefs & Bills before going 0-2 vs the 49ers & Cowboys again. But 4 of those were one-score games and they definitely had some luck/fortunate circumstances against the Cowboys, Chiefs & Bills

I want to see how they do vs the Seahawks. Seahawks are in must win mode & its a MNF game in the loudest stadium in the NFL. Its definitely gona have a playoff atmosphere

I cannot stand the way Spero Dedes calls games. I think he's awful. He calls every play with a crescendo-like cadence, even if it doesn't deserve it, then immediately reverts to his normal talking voice once the play finishes. It works out for big highlight plays, but watching and listening to a whole game that he calls is so annoying. It's so monotonous.