Carson Wentz Injury Update Thread (Out for season)

Danger

My only shred of optimism is that it's just an ACL tear. It's not like he screwed something up in his throwing shoulder. It's a devastating injury, no doubt, but I mean we just drafted a rookie corner who tore his achilles, and I'd rather tear my ACL than that. There are lots of people talking about this derailing Carson's career, but I just don't see it like that. People tear their ACLs all the time. Hell, I TORE MY ACL. Nine months later I played rugby without a brace. And that's me, some peasant without the best surgeons in the world.

He'll throw a brace on that knee and get back to work sometime next year. Maybe week 1, who knows. ACL surgeries are getting better and better every year.

The gen discussion thread on the Haul Boys forum seems pleased with the news of Wentz going down, one guy even saying "Oh look, another scrambling QB hurt. It's almost like NFL defenses have adjusted to defend them."

Clueless bunch.

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

The gen discussion thread on the Haul Boys forum seems pleased with the news of Wentz going down, one guy even saying "Oh look, another scrambling QB hurt. It's almost like NFL defenses have adjusted to defend them."

Clueless bunch.

No point even going there.

Watching Dougs PC now in my office. Like 808 said, first thing he said was "Its an ACL tear"

I've literally just shut my office door all morning in sadness. My employees know not to bother me. 

I don't think I've ever been this devastated about anything in sports. 

I heard Jeff Lurie was apparently crying last night. I might also cry right now. This freaking sucks man. I feel terrible for Carson 

Archived