Week 17 Packers @ Vikings - The Win-win Scenario

LLcheesehead12

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Just disappointing career.  He's played in just over half of the possible games in his career, but only a ~third of them in the last 2 years.  Seems a likely camp cut.

Has a $3.7m hit next year but about $2.6m is dead. I'd probably give him one more off-season to get healthy and see if he has anything to offer in TC, but at this point, he's fighting for a roster spot. He can't be part of your plan for next year. 

22 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's time the team uses some of its billion dollar rainy day fund for some serious R&D work into soft tissue injuries. We have had so many promising careers derailed by them, if you're going to use RAS as a top criteria for draft prospects, you're going to be dealing with a lot of maxed out athletes that generate some serious torque when they play. Any sort of advantage they gain there could be a serious advantage over the rest of the league.

Are you still holding out hope for Stokes? Or are even you getting the sense he's done in this league?

38 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's time the team uses some of its billion dollar rainy day fund for some serious R&D work into soft tissue injuries. We have had so many promising careers derailed by them, if you're going to use RAS as a top criteria for draft prospects, you're going to be dealing with a lot of maxed out athletes that generate some serious torque when they play. Any sort of advantage they gain there could be a serious advantage over the rest of the league.

Professional sports teams are end users. They buy products and services. They arent in the R&D business

1 minute ago, HokieHigh said:

Professional sports teams are end users. They buy products and services. They arent in the R&D business

What sense does that make? They aren't in the groundskeeping business, yet you don't think they spend big money to make sure they have the best playing surface for the climate they're in? They have money, therefore they can procure any service they wish.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Has a $3.7m hit next year but about $2.6m is dead. I'd probably give him one more off-season to get healthy and see if he has anything to offer in TC, but at this point, he's fighting for a roster spot. He can't be part of your plan for next year. 

I'm not saying he's a cap casualty, but if he struggles with injuries in TC than I think there's a good chance he's on the outside looking in when that roster crunch comes in August.

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not saying he's a cap casualty, but if he struggles with injuries in TC than I think there's a good chance he's on the outside looking in when that roster crunch comes in August.

Yeah, it's kind of on Stokes to get healthy this offseason and be ready to earn a job in 2024.  I suspect the Packers will draft at least one corner fairly high, and then another one in the middle rounds.  There will be a lot of competition there next year.

38 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

If this were true, there would be no team strength and conditioning program, nutritionist, etc...

The NFL is most definitely in the business of researching ways to maximize performance and minimize injury risk.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

If this were true, there would be no team strength and conditioning program, nutritionist, etc...

The NFL is most definitely in the business of researching ways to maximize performance and minimize injury risk.

And still players have there own trainer/speciist/ coach that they trust and worm with in the offseason.

• Like 1