Week 18- Packers vs. Bears regular season finale

Refugee

16 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Rodgers first two MVP's occurred before his mechanics got jacked up.  The last two occurred after he fixed them.

In his "jacked up" years he averaged 4200+ yds 25+TDs 3 INT's and a 96.5 QB rating.   

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

LOL .. now it's down to nitpicking little stuff.  Before, it was is he good enough to lead the Packers down the promised road.  The guy just lit it up the past 2 weeks, got the Packers into the playoffs and now he's getting critiqued for one of his very few incompletions.  He's got all frickin offseason to get this rectified .. some just aren't happy.

Actually, he's getting critiqued on the first TD.

8 minutes ago, craig said:

The Melton/Reed snap usage is interesting.  Maybe a question of health.  Or is Reed mostly slot from 3 WR sets, whereas Melton gets used as outside guy and plays in 2WR sets?  If so, I'd imagine with another camp Reed would get more practice wide, so he could get used in any of the packages?  

On the Bears safety suggesting Packer receivers were dirty...  I haven't watched carefully enough to say.  But, I admit my casual observation is that Heath often seems to be in kinda combative, antagonizing mode.  Often seems to have guys in his face after a play, and maybe tends to be blocking and grabbing a little longer than a play requires.  Not saying he's "dirty", I don't know.  But I'm kinda hypothesizing that it might perhaps be Heath the individual, not the WR's as a whole, who might have provoked the Bears' safety to use the "dirty" label? 

I chalked it up as Brisker being a *****.

Him and Eddie Jackson are both whiny b*itches, and of course both are going to ***** and moan because green bay owns them.

22 minutes ago, craig said:

On the Bears safety suggesting Packer receivers were dirty...  I haven't watched carefully enough to say. 

It's the Packers Bears game. If WRs (and DBs too) weren't a little chippy, especially with what was on the line, I would be be surprised. Besides that, all receivers will do a little pushoff or a body-bump sometimes, or they wouldn't have reached the NFL level. The Packers haven't been a dirty team since Chuck Cecil and Wayne Simmons time - and even then, not much of one, just the odd player. There are notorious teams but the Packers are not one of them (though there was that fun episode where Evan Dietrich-Smith allegedly kept untying Ndamukong Suh's shoelaces).

If the Bears Safety had no respect for Packers receivers, then I suggest he consult Charles Woodson for how to view tape properly.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

47 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Love the emergence of Melton. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see this 4.3 speed. He looks no faster than Reed and Wicks out there but man the kid knows how to get open.

I was thinking this exact thing yesterday.  He may have run a really fast 40, but I don't see that speed on the field.  He's not slow, but he doesn't look like a burner to me.

• Like 2

Just now, MaximusGluteus said:

I was thinking this exact thing yesterday.  He may have run a really fast 40, but I don't see that speed on the field.  He's not slow, but he doesn't look like a burner to me.

Maybe he is like Aaron Jones and keeps that extra gear for when he really needs it.

29 minutes ago, craig said:

On the Bears safety suggesting Packer receivers were dirty...  I haven't watched carefully enough to say.  But, I admit my casual observation is that Heath often seems to be in kinda combative, antagonizing mode.  Often seems to have guys in his face after a play, and maybe tends to be blocking and grabbing a little longer than a play requires.  Not saying he's "dirty", I don't know.  But I'm kinda hypothesizing that it might perhaps be Heath the individual, not the WR's as a whole, who might have provoked the Bears' safety to use the "dirty" label? 

I feel like this is an MLF offensive philosophy and Heath just knows that he can get snaps by being tough and physical on the outside - and he takes it to the limit but hasn't crossed a line yet.

Corners generally don't want to get physical and the Packers really stress them out by mauling them like crazy on one play and then running past them the next.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Did you not see him erasing the angle the safety had on him on the crossing route he caught for a big gain? LOL

He also seems to be wide open a lot. 

37 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Actually, he's getting critiqued on the first TD.

that one happened right in front of me, saw it developing and started cheering as soon as he was loading up to throw because it was wide open. Was a lot closer than I was expecting it to be