2023 Week #18 General 🏈 Discussion

17 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

While true, if Im being honest if the 1 seed was still up for grabs for the Niners they wouldve played their starters and tried to win today and I think they wouldve won. Ironically the Rams wouldve been the team that clinched and was just trying to rest their guys and playing out the end of the season preparing for the playoffs. This game couldve been ugly in that regard. So yeah the Niners wouldve still locked up the 1 seed it just wouldve taken them till today to do so. 

Rams also would have played their guys… 

19 minutes ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

That team was 3-13 the year before and 6-10 the year after. They were a fluke, not some perennial contender.

Whether they were a perennial contender is irrelevant to how well they were playing in a specific postseason.

19 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

How long do you think Stafford has left? I think at least 3 yrs. The questions are his health not his ability to throw the football. And even with his health he is one tough guy that he has shown he can still play pretty well banged up. I trust McVay to know when he can start to move on from Stafford and look towards another QB. So if the Rams dont draft a QB early or at all in the draft I know thats a McVay call that he believes in Stafford for a few more years.

Ill be more in the line of getting a LT and C to protect Stafford. The Rams already have both G and the RT great. But yeah again it will just depend on what McVay thinks when it comes to looking at the future of the starting QB position. 

I am not remotely confident in Stafford long term. Too many injuries and too reliant on his otherworldly arm.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

That Ram game at home was the difference. And some bad calls in that Cowboy game. Very good season for them, but they need to find the next gen players and start dealing away Metcalf and Geno. Or take another run at it next year and go all-in.

Real talk not the first one. We slapped them. They should have won the second. I couldn’t believe we won it. They looked way better that first half. 

5 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

Eagles a -2.5 pt favorite… haha. I feel Baker will choke, as will Bowles, but Sirianni is gone if he loses. No way Lurie brings him back unless he goes 100% Yes-Man this offseason.

TB just needs to get the lead, Philly will implode as soon as it happens

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

They need to get rid of Geno. He’s holding the

back. But that contract is no good. Bo Nix in that offense would be nice. They need another Wilson esque type QB. Maybe they can bring him back? Wasting DKs prime.. Dude should be putting up 1400-1800 yard seasons every season.. Love me some Lockett too.. I’m shocked by how bad of a season Kenneth Walker had. Talk

about regressing. 

The Geno contract is not that bad.   not a ton of dead cap if they did want to move off of him.  $17.4M in dead cap and a $13.8M in cap savings

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

They need to get rid of Geno. He’s holding the

back. But that contract is no good. Bo Nix in that offense would be nice. They need another Wilson esque type QB. Maybe they can bring him back? Wasting DKs prime.. Dude should be putting up 1400-1800 yard seasons every season.. Love me some Lockett too.. I’m shocked by how bad of a season Kenneth Walker had. Talk

about regressing. 

Geno was top 5 in pressure rate (OL was atrocious) and bottom 5 in sack rate. Geno was actually good, contrary to popular belief. All the stats back it up.

Kenneth Walker had a terrible season because the OL was a major issue all year. They absolutely do not need another Russell Wilson. They need an OL who can pass block at an even an average rate and a defense that isn't bottom 3 in the NFL.

Not going to lie, feels amazing to beat the Niners even if it was basically a preseason game. And to get the Lions instead of the Cowboys...I think we match up better and if we have to lose to someone, would rather it be them 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

GB gonna get obliterated next week in the playoffs. Calling it first

Just getting this youngest roster in the league this year into the playoffs is a big accomplishment tbh.  Most of us are happy and excited about the future.  Any success we get in the playoffs this year is gravy.

I feel bad for the Saints fans I really wanted to see them represent the NFC South and to miss out with the same record as the Buccs has to hurt especially winning this week with the early game to keep the hope alive. Damn the Bears I guess.

46 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Missing the playoffs and having like the worst defense in the NFL is "a very good season" for them after making the playoffs last year?

Geno and Metcalf should be their core. They need a new DC, better OL and more talent at the linebacker position on defensne. Something tells me they might go all-in on Patrick Queen in FA and make more mistakes at that position.

Nah. Queen is ours.

7 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Just getting this youngest roster in the league this year into the playoffs is a big accomplishment tbh.  Most of us are happy and excited about the future.  Any success we get in the playoffs this year is gravy.

The whole NFC North will be up against it next year. The two worst divisions this year were the NFC South and AFC West - that kind of schedule luck is probably pretty rare