What was your team’s best Free Agency acquisition, trade, and rookie from the 2023 season?

brownie man

For the Browns I’d say 

Best free agency acquisition - Joe Flacco. Even though this was in season for our playoff hopes this may have been the most important one when it’s all said and done. 

for an offseason FA move I’d say it was Dalvin Tomlinson. Hes been an anchor leadinf our run defense.

Trade - there’s a lot of good ones but I’ve got to go with Dustin Hopkins.

The Elijah Moore one has worked, Zadarius smith would be my number 2, but we wouldn’t be here without Hopkins being lights out. 

Best draft pick - Dawand Jones: He was playing pro bowl level football before he went down. I’d give Ronnie Hillman the number 2 spot here.  He’s been a major help  

Jags

Draft: Harrison.  Effectively replaced Jawaan Taylor at RT. Needs to get stronger and better at run blocking tho. 

trade: does Calvin Ridley count(I mean when we traded for him he was still suspended)?  If he doesn't I guess Ezra Cleveland.  Looked decent.

FA: honestly I don't recall us signing any major free agents besides McNanus and D'earnest Johnson. 

Bills:

Free Agency: Leonard Floyd.
Signed with the team on June 5th. Lead the team in sacks with 10.5 sacks and really helped against the run. Bills needed his presence outside with Miller being...well invisible and Groot dealt with injuries.

Trade: Rasul Douglas.

In the full 8 games he played. 44.5 passer rating allowed. 29 tackles. 8 passes defended. 4 INT's, 1 TD, 2 fumble recoveries, 1 sack and 1 TFL. He helped reestablish the secondary.

Draft: 1a Dalton Kincaid and 1b O'Cyrus Torrence.

Going to cheat here. Kincaid has been a revelation over the last two months. Finished with 73 receptions and 673 yards. More importantly has been when some of his catches have been. Some big 3rd down conversions. 

Torrence started all 17 games at RG. He makes his presence known in the run game. He's struggled with the faster DT but he cemented himself as a long-term starter on the line. Homerun pick for round 2.

Dallas Cowboys:
Free Agency: Donovan Wilson / Jonathan Hankins were both great re-signs by the Cowboys, with Hankins being a critical piece of our interior DL and Wilson coming up huge in the secondary.  We really didn't do anything as far as FA Signings from other teams, picking up some back up pieces here and there, but these two returning was critical to this years run.

Trade: Stephon Gilmore - while Brandon Cooks was a great addition, he hasn't had nearly the impact that a solid #2 could have had in this offense.  Gilmore, on the other hand, just quietly locked down his half of the field and had a stellar season even after the Boys lost Diggs for the year.  Without him we likely have a Bottom 10 pass Defense and may have missed the playoffs.

Draft: None - all busts or injured thus far

FA: Maybe Jamison Crowder? He did well as a PR this year. 

Draft: Hard to say... no one did much of anything. Rodriguez might have proven he can play RB in the NFL. Quan Martin was hurt a lot but played respectably at the end. 

Trade: Getting Young for a 3rd rounder. 

FA: deandre hopkins. no brainer. he's not the best WR in football any more, but he's still got it. was a steady, consistent playmaker all year for us and a much-needed security blanket for will levis.

trade: we were not active at all on the trade front this offseason. i think by default it's probably trading away kevin byard- as painful as it was, getting something for him was better than nothing, and he was clearly on the decline. there wasn't a huge drop-off once he left.

rookie: there are a couple of options here- it's a pretty promising draft class. peter skoronski took his lumps but showed some serious flashes. same with will levis- certainly enough to go into next year as the starter and give fans excitement, and obviously if he hits then he's the best pick by a long shot. but the top rookie has got to by tyjae spears. kid is absolutely electric with the ball in his hands. contributed from day 1 as a runner, receiver, and pass blocker, and at times looked like the best player on our offense. really excited to see him in a likely larger role next year.

Ravens

FA: Jadaveon Clowney - Kind of speaks for itself, but he was able to basically anchor our edge rush once we lost Bowser and, wow I can't even remember the 2nd round pick from Michigan's name now because he's just been injured for 2 straight years...Ojabo. 

Draft: Zay Flowers - Instant home run pick at WR for us this year. Basically the player we thought Marquise Brown would be, but he's basically Walmart Tyreek Hill at this point.

Trade: N/A.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Ravens

FA: Jadaveon Clowney - Kind of speaks for itself, but he was able to basically anchor our edge rush once we lost Bowser and, wow I can't even remember the 2nd round pick from Michigan's name now because he's just been injured for 2 straight years...Ojabo. 

Draft: Zay Flowers - Instant home run pick at WR for us this year. Basically the player we thought Marquise Brown would be, but he's basically Walmart Tyreek Hill at this point.

Trade: N/A.

Zay and Reed were my top 2 WRs from this class. Loved em both. 1a and 1b for me. Both look like studs and both have some Hill in them

• Like 1

Free agent: CJ Gardner Johnson only played 3 games due to injury, so I’m going with G Graham Glasgow. He was brought in to be depth and ended up our starting RG on one of the top 2 OL in the league. HMs: Cam Sutton started 17 games at CB for an inconsistent secondary for Detroit. David Montgomery ran for 1,015 yds and 13 TDs after people questioned why the Lions didn’t back the brinks truck up for Jamaal Williams. 

Trade: Lions really weren’t active in the trade market, so I’m going to go with a draft day trade, #6 for #12 & #34 which turned into Jahmyr Gibbs and Sam LaPorta. Word is Lions liked Witherspoon or Gibbs at 6. After Seattle drafted Witherspoon, Lions were able to move down, still draft their guy and pick up their top TE in the draft.

Rookie: Top 4 picks were all great. Gibbs and LaPorta became the first rookie teammates in NFL history to score 10 TDs each, but I’m going to highlight Brian Branch here. He fell in the draft, Lions traded up for him, and he just produced from day one.  74 tkls, 1 sack, 7 TFL, 13 PD, 3 INTs, 1 pick-6 on Mahomes in Arrowhead, 1 FF in 15 games. Stud starting NB for years to come.