Panthers fire GM Scott Fitterer

ET80

Will be interesting to see how this search goes for David Tepper. There are some really good components on defense, but the offense looks very bare, with a QB who needs a lot of support.

Is Tepper going to be able to shed the "meddling" label fast enough to get a competent GM/HC combo?

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Will be interesting to see how this search goes for David Tepper. There are some really good components on defense, but the offense looks very bare, with a QB who needs a lot of support.

Is Tepper going to be able to shed the "meddling" label fast enough to get a competent GM/HC combo?

Since when do you ask questions we all know the answer to?

• Like 2

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Bryce Young and how committed the Panthers are to him.

Some will say we gave up a lot of for him and I do think the safe bet is that the Panthers will stick with him in 2024.  I hope that is the case and the team doesn't do anything drastic like they have done since 2020.  Bryce deserves one more year and we'll either sink or swim with him.  If we sink, we're probably looking at a top-5 pick.

However this organization under Tepper has made it clear guys don't have long-leashes.  We paid Bridgewater a bag and moved on from him.  We traded a 2nd and 4th for Darnold, picked up his 5th-year option, and then benched him for Baker the next year.  We acquired Baker and he held the job for what, 6 weeks?  We paid Rhule and Reich big money and fired both relatively fast (although I'd argue both were warranted).  If I had to guess, the next hires won't be dependent on them being 100% committed to Bryce.

2 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

Don't forget the bastion of stability that is Charlotte FC.   Tepper is moving onto his third coach in 3 years for that franchise as well.   

And yet somehow they are still way better than the other 2 sports teams in Charlotte.  

• Like 1

I'm thrilled, honestly. Hated the hire when we made it. That OL he built in 2021 was unforgivable, especially taking Horn over Slater given the circumstances. When Pat Elflein and Cam Erving are your day one signings, either your GM is room temp IQ or they just sign a bunch of RAS/SPARQ darlings and hope they can play football, something I feel like Seattle has done a lot on the OL. Either way, it's a bad look. Should have canned him with Rhule.

• Like 1