Packers 2024 Opponents

Brat&Beer

On 3/30/2024 at 6:54 AM, Dubz41 said:

49ers apologist.  Eeeeww.

I don't admire Purdy, that view is allowed. 

You're a bad take.....😜🤪😉

hahaha. believe me i hate that i'm defending them! 

On 3/30/2024 at 10:42 AM, Refugee said:

I’ve been to the last two regular season games in Santa Clara and everything was fine for me. In general I don’t like going to games in opposition territory but I’ve seen worse than my experience at 9ers games from Candlestick to Levi’s.  Was also at a Warriors Bucks game a few weeks ago, that was nothing. Football crowd vs. basketball is generally a lot less frenzied. Maybe it’s the nature of having so many less games but I think it’s because usually the weekend games mean the crowd is sauced up quite a bit more. Anyway, everyone will have different experiences.  9ers will be a team we have to reckon with in seasons to come but they might just be losing a step while we are gaining one. Time will tell. 

fair enough. i'm glad your experiences have been positive! maybe it's just a coincidence for me that Niners fans keep showing their ugly side. i do agree that football crowds tend to be rowdier than basketball 

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say now our toughest game is opening week down in Brazil.

Wow man I did not see that coming.  A bit different than early Sunday in London, but still... LaFleur never seems to know how to handle these games.

On the one hand.... I like seeing an early litmus test to see how much our young team has grown in a year.  On the other, losing this one even in week 1 could have major playoff seeding ramifications.

1 hour ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

I'd say now our toughest game is opening week down in Brazil.

Wow man I did not see that coming.  A bit different than early Sunday in London, but still... LaFleur never seems to know how to handle these games.

On the one hand.... I like seeing an early litmus test to see how much our young team has grown in a year.  On the other, losing this one even in week 1 could have major playoff seeding ramifications.

We can get the loss out of the way early, then go undefeated rest of the season.

I view week 1 as an ideal time to play PHI.  GB will be unveiling a new defense that PHI won't be able to scout beyond the BC film, and the GB offense at (hopefully) full strength should be very, very good.

Philly is kind of a wreck defensively. I think having them early is a good thing. MLF will have new looks they will not have seen on tape. Defensively, do they really know what to expect out of Hatley? 

This should count as their home game since the London game was a home game for us. 

As much as I hate the idea of the NFL taking game to other countries, I'd just as soon get it over week 1 and move on. 

13 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I view week 1 as an ideal time to play PHI.  GB will be unveiling a new defense that PHI won't be able to scout beyond the BC film, and the GB offense at (hopefully) full strength should be very, very good.

Its nice you think Watson isn't going to strain a hamstring walking up the jet walk or getting up from the airplane toilet.

32 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Its nice you think Watson isn't going to strain a hamstring walking up the jet walk or getting up from the airplane toilet.

I heard we are going to package Watson and #41 to draft another TE.

• Like 2

With the Packers opening aboard on a Friday night, my guess is that week 2 will be the home opener with a Sunday night or Monday night game. The NFL will probably want to highlight them with another top team, so who is that opponent? The Texans seem like the obvious choice but could see the 49ers or the Lions being a highly viewed game also. Maybe even the Dolphins. Would the NFL try to push a Jordan Love and Caleb Williams first ever showdown? There is a fair number of options for them regardless though. 

Hopefully this team doesn't sleepwalk out of the gate like they have from time to time under MLF, they will need to be sharp to avoid losses to opponents that will be fired up for nationally covered games.    

11 hours ago, R T said:

With the Packers opening aboard on a Friday night, my guess is that week 2 will be the home opener with a Sunday night or Monday night game. The NFL will probably want to highlight them with another top team, so who is that opponent? The Texans seem like the obvious choice but could see the 49ers or the Lions being a highly viewed game also. Maybe even the Dolphins. Would the NFL try to push a Jordan Love and Caleb Williams first ever showdown? There is a fair number of options for them regardless though. 

Hopefully this team doesn't sleepwalk out of the gate like they have from time to time under MLF, they will need to be sharp to avoid losses to opponents that will be fired up for nationally covered games.    

Yeah, really hope he doesn't bring that air of reluctance out of him like he did a couple years ago.  Time for the guys to see this as an opportunity to perform their best on the national stage.

And oddly enough for week 2 ... I feel like we'll be getting either the Bears or Colts at home.  Just this gut feeling I got.

• 2 weeks later...

Now on to the big draft weekend... Less than one week away now.

Feels like the Spring months leading up to this were short, maybe because of March Madness and MLB openers and all that.  Killer wait coming up now though between the end of the draft and preseason/opening week.