Packers 2024 Opponents

Brat&Beer

2-3 Days and the official schedule is released

3 games I'm most curious to find out when we play are the game in Jacksonville, the home date vs San Fran, and the Dolphins game.

Damn, also just seen that our game in Sao Paulo is a Peacock exclusive.  Can't really say I'm surprised per se because I figured it probably would be either there or Prime Video.  But man, I don't know, maybe I just been too used to the old fashioned way of watching football that I'm still warming up to these streaming platforms getting exclusive NFL games, but I just can't bring myself to like the way this is being done.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

2-3 Days and the official schedule is released

3 games I'm most curious to find out when we play are the game in Jacksonville, the home date vs San Fran, and the Dolphins game.

Damn, also just seen that our game in Sao Paulo is a Peacock exclusive.  Can't really say I'm surprised per se because I figured it probably would be either there or Prime Video.  But man, I don't know, maybe I just been too used to the old fashioned way of watching football that I'm still warming up to these streaming platforms getting exclusive NFL games, but I just can't bring myself to like the way this is being done.

One week free trial.  Stream it and quit it.  That's how it's done on my end.

Posted (edited)
On 4/10/2024 at 11:34 PM, wgbeethree said:

Week 1 in South America. 

Time to brush up on your Spanish boys.

Viva Los Packers!

On 4/10/2024 at 11:51 PM, mikebpackfan said:

Or, better yet, brush up on your Portuguese. 

Is anyone from FF planning on going?

Edited by Arthur Penske

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

Is anyone from FF planning on going?

I would have liked to, the missus would love to jump on an international flight for any reason whatsoever and she has a close friend in São Paulo. But, one look at plane ticket prices was an immediate NO. 

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Feels like last game could be vs Detroit with playoff implications/ division on the line

One would think that is a no brainer. Although if the last game were a Packers - Bears game with playoff implications for both, it would draw a monster audience. Bigger than if it were Detroit. 

Those really seem like the only two plausible options. 

Edited by Old Guy

10 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

One would think that is a no brainer. Although if the last game were a Packers - Bears game with playoff implications for both, it would draw a monster audience. Bigger than if it were Detroit. 

Those really seem like the only two plausible options. 

I could see at Chicago for game 16 and home detroit for game 17.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, mikebpackfan said:

I would have liked to, the missus would love to jump on an international flight for any reason whatsoever and she has a close friend in São Paulo. But, one look at plane ticket prices was an immediate NO. 

Take a cruise. Or just a sailboat. The Europeans used to do it all the time.. they called it "colonizing". Idk sounds fun. 

I'm sure there's some drawbacks but you can deal with that later.

Edited by HighCalebR

5 hours ago, mikebpackfan said:

It was my goal to attend every Packer international game. Made it to the first, but we'll see on this one. Would be fun.

16 hours ago, Kampfgeist said:

One week free trial.  Stream it and quit it.  That's how it's done on my end.

Last I checked, and it may have changed since but last I saw Peacock wasn't doing free trials.

Thing is it's not really the cost that's upsetting, which for the ad-supported version was like $6 a month or something.  It's just more the setup that isn't quite feeling right or just not yet.

I do believe at some point the streaming system for watching NFL games whether it's Peacock, Prime Video, Paramount+ and possibly Hulu (if FOX allows it) will become more normalized and not so much like PPV.  We're just not at that point yet, it's kind of like the beginning of the end for the regular cable networks and the new test tube stage for streaming services, so I think the NFL is still trying to figure out this new future.  Going to probably be a bumpy ride on the way there though.

On 1/8/2024 at 11:45 AM, Brat&Beer said:

Home: CHI, MIN, DET ARI HOU SF IND NO MIA

Away: CHI, MIN, DET JAX TEN PHI LAR SEA

10 of 17 opponents had winning records. 4 of those were 9-8.

7 of 17 made playoffs

Opponents were combined 152-137 for a winning pct. of 52.6

Not that what happened last year matters much.

Schedule is 6 division games, AFC South, NFC West, New Orleans, Miami, @Philadelphia

Nice one of our away games is actually a neutral site game to open the year. I think Philly would be considered our toughest away game, that is a break for us. 

Nice to have Houston, SF and Miami at home. Hope the Houston and Miami games are in extremely cold weather.