AFC Wildcard: #5 Browns @ #4 Texans

NeptunePenguins

Who wins?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

7 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I don’t think that comment was towards the Browns. 

It was in response that Stefanski didn't have an impressive year because we won 11 games with four QBs, ignoring all of the countless other key injuries we've dealt with.

1 minute ago, Soggust said:

Do playoffs factor in, legit question?

I assumed not, but I also don't think they have been announced yet?

Everything has already been voted on, I believe. They just wait for that dumb awards show to announce it

• Like 4

Just now, adamq said:

Everything has already been voted on, I believe. They just wait for that dumb awards show to announce it

In that case, I think Stefanski still has a good shot of winning. 

Although Ryans certainly wouldn't be a bad choice either. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So... Is this real? Did that just happen or am I in a fever dream?

Texans will walk into next season looking no worse than the 4th best team in the AFC. Gonna be a lot of people’s “dark horse” Super Bowl pick.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Soggust said:

In that case, I think Stefanski still has a good shot of winning. 

Although Ryans certainly wouldn't be a bad choice either. 

It's definitely going to go to Ryans. I thought if Indy knocked out Houston in week 18, Stefanski may have had a really good shot at winning. I don't think there's any way he beats Ryans now though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

giphy.gif

FtHoFK0WcAI6FvP?format=jpg&name=large

I’m a Vikings fan with no immediate ties to the Browns (good or bad). Why in the world would they be special to me? They’ve never been good throughout my life and have no big presence in the NFL, media circles, etc. At most, your organization made a hate-worthy trade for Watson. That’s the only thing about Cleveland that is noteworthy to me.

5 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

I mean yeah but there are a half dozen coaches with as much as a claim as that. I’d put Tomlin on La Fleur’s level there but Ryans has to win it at this point.

I think it's regular season only, so not sure today impacts it. I would also have Tomlin around the shortlist after the weird pulling out of result after result true, though also worth mentioning I think GB were something like the the youngest team in 30 years besides that 0-16 Browns team and low key had a lot of injuries, especially to key veterans. 

That said, the Giants/Bucs clusterf---s would have to go against MLF. 

You could probably put about a half dozen names in a hat, pull one out, a d I'd be fine with whoever it was, but narrative wise (worst to first) Ryans probably gets it. 

A lot of people posting how they called Houston Texans things this offseason, but in the Be The Draft section @jch1911 actually did the Will Anderson at 2 to force the Cardinals hand into trading back up to #3 to take CJ Stroud before the Texans did the same move.

On 3/7/2023 at 7:26 AM, jch1911 said:

With pick 2 of the 2023 TCMD, the Houston Texans select

D0482 - Will Anderson Jr. - Edge - the University of Alabama

Alabama Crimson Tide GIF - Alabama Crimson Tide Roll Tide ...

Head Coach Demeco (Cap) Ryans has been standing on the desk for this pick, but the team wanted to do its due diligence first.

The goal of this year is to establish one of the nastiest and aggressive defenses in the NFL.

Will (and our free agency additions + trades) allows us to do just that.

He will be moved all over the defensive front to bring pressure and cause TO's.

Welcome to Htown, Mr. Anderson!

@LuckyNumber11 Cards are OTC

On 3/7/2023 at 8:13 AM, jch1911 said:

With pick #3 of the 2023 TCMD, the Houston Texans select

D0068 - C.J. Stroud - QB - Ohio State University

Cj Stroud Stroud GIF - CJ Stroud Stroud Cj - Discover & Share GIFs

Yes, the Texans paid a pretty penny for Jimmy G to potentially be a high-priced backup. 

But we're shooting for the stars (and playoffs) in South Texas.

CJ is a redshirt sophomore so he will have the chance to battle Jimmy G in camp and learn the QB position at NFL speed.

Best player starts.

Cornerstone edge and QB, let's ride!

Welcome to Htown, C.J.!

@squire12 Bears are OTC

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, adamq said:

NFL chasing a dying format (award shows) is kind of wild.  Usually NFL is ahead of the curve.  

Just now, Duluther said:

FtHoFK0WcAI6FvP?format=jpg&name=large

I’m a Vikings fan with no immediate ties to the Browns (good or bad). Why in the world would they be special to me? They’ve never been good throughout my life and have no big presence in the NFL, media circles, etc. At most, your organization made a hate-worthy trade for Watson. That’s the only thing about Cleveland that is noteworthy to me.

You answered your own question.

You're right, we haven't been good and have never won the Super Bowl. You wouldn't know what that feels like...