Titans fire Mike Vrabel

ET80

there has to have been some mess behind the scenes. i've not been thrilled with the results these past couple of years but ownership really liked vrabel. there were all kinds of rumors that he wasn't happy with stuff in the organization but it's hard to know what. i suspect this is more of a 'mutual parting of ways' than a firing, in the sense that vrabel laid down some conditions for staying that the brass weren't willing to meet.

• Like 6

Not sure it's the right move tbh. His QB for the past two years was a decrepit ryan tannehill or various rookies provided by the front office lol.

Plus the front office gutted the roster awhile ago.

But Tannehill's gone after this year and so is Henry, new GM as well since the guy that hired Vrabel is gone.

Makes sense to move in a new direction and build the franchise, we'll see with Ray's moves whether this works out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

there has to have been some mess behind the scenes. i've not been thrilled with the results these past couple of years but ownership really liked vrabel. there were all kinds of rumors that he wasn't happy with stuff in the organization but it's hard to know what. i suspect this is more of a 'mutual parting of ways' than a firing, in the sense that vrabel laid down some conditions for staying that the brass weren't willing to meet.

I wonder how much of this is Ran Carthon wanting his guy as HC - sort of to your point, behind the scenes the GM wants his guy and the HC wasn't going to bend the knee and be that guy.