New OC Candidates - Workin towards Waldron (pg 18)

StLunatic88

6 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Why would he leave a HC job to become an NFL OC?  

I can't believe people continue to bring this up. He makes like $10M a year. This isn't the head coach of Abilene Christian. He's the coach of a major college program. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

You don't think the Bears OC position is so intrinsically valuable that he'd give all that up?

I get the harsh responses, but I think the ability to draft 1st overall coupled with Justin Fields under team control, cap space, and a good defense is a lifetime opportunity for many coaches. That shouldn't be scoffed at. But then again maybe the top coaching canidates prefer to start over with roster devoid of talent and bad contracts and suck for 2 years before accomplishing anything

Edited by anonymousGM

I wonder who we are waiting on when it comes to DC since we haven't requested to speak to anyone...as much as Snow could get the job or we could promote from within speaking to some guys would never be a bad thing.

18 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I wonder who we are waiting on when it comes to DC since we haven't requested to speak to anyone...as much as Snow could get the job or we could promote from within speaking to some guys would never be a bad thing.

I know what, or who, they're waiting on...

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952f7tklgmg7fc5jo0hrg

***Full Meathead Mode Enacted***

Flus would have hired him last year but he and Poles sent him to the Texans to collude for 1.1 to go to Chicago, so they has to throw the NFL off their scent.

Reich was sent to CAR for the same thing for this year, so he will be signed as the OC.

Poles' evil machinations are coming together.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Flus would have hired him last year but he and Poles sent him to the Texans to collude for 1.1 to go to Chicago, so they has to throw the NFL off their scent.

what makes this even more impressive is that when lovie was hired by HOU, Flus was still in Indy and Poles was still in KC 😳

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

what makes this even more impressive is that when lovie was hired by HOU, Flus was still in Indy and Poles was still in KC 😳

But who was Poles’s head coach when he was signed by the Bears in the summer of ‘08?  It’s the long con.  Always has been.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

plan-planned.gif

Why do you think Poles took Eberflus so quickly? For his gap-toothed smile? Hell no, he ain't Strahan!!!

1 hour ago, CBears019 said:

But who was Poles’s head coach when he was signed by the Bears in the summer of ‘08?  It’s the long con.  Always has been.

About time someone caught up with me. Thank you, sir. 

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I mean... We do owe him right? 

I said the should have photoshopped him into the team photo but this seems more appropriate. 

7 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Seems like the common thread here is people who have been an NFL OC before and (presumably called plays in the NFL)...... This is the first guy I've heard that might not be on the shanahan tree/scheme though.

Edited by Epyon