Boycott paying networks - Stand up, or get bent over.

Mid Iowa

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Nah, I'll (mostly) pay. That's how the NFL makes its money. 

Still blows my mind brand deals account for like 15% of revenue and the rest comes from TV networks.

• Like 1

These things don't bother me. It's their product. 

Now, as it happens, I have peacock and espn and amazon for reasons that had nothing to do with the NFL. And then they got the NFL and nothing really changed for me. 

• Like 3

The Peacock thing is complicated by how ISPs are regional monopolies.  If you have cable, and you live in the part of the country where Comcast has the local monopoly, then you most likely are getting Peacock either completely for free or at a lower cost than anybody else.

So there's a perception gap between "of course I have Peacock" and "of course I don't have Peacock" just depending on where you live.  What's interesting here is that while all of Florida is Comcast territory, Missouri is Charter and Kansas is Cox.

• Like 2

The only way to get the attention of Peacock and the NFL is to HURT THEIR POCKETBOOKS.  Keep track of the advertisers on the two NFL games today and boycott THEM!  Let’s go for something doable like a three month boycott.  They are the ones who will get Peacock and the NFL to back down from their greedy ways.  So far:

Planet Fitness, Nissan, Wells Fargo, Hyundai, Applebee’s, Hardee’s, Toyota, Allstate, Uber Eats, Royal Caribbean, 

There are genuinely a lot of stubborn old folks (my dad) who do not have smart TVs and will never learn how to access streaming apps. I get that back in the day you had to learn how to buy cable to get ESPN and the regional networks, but all those people are 25 years older now.

• Like 1