2024 Free Agency Discussion

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

The Texans are currently the betting favorite to sign Mike Evans and Saquan Barkley. 

Imagine if they landed both. @ET80

Bring back Schultz

Stroud w /

Barkley / Pierce

Evans / Collins / Dell

Schultz 

Russini said she expects him to get 24-27 a year

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Russini said she expects him to get 24-27 a year

Him as in Mike Evans, because Saquon is a RB therefore worth a bag of chips, rent money for the duration of his contract and half a guards salary.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The Texans are currently the betting favorite to sign Mike Evans and Saquan Barkley. 

Imagine if they landed both. @ET80

Bring back Schultz

Stroud w /

Barkley / Pierce

Evans / Collins / Dell

Schultz 

I've heard the rumors on Evans - I mean, I'd be pumped but who the heck is gonna play defense? Texans have a bunch of pending FAs and dropping the money when you have Nico Collins and returning Tank Dell next season seems like a luxury.

While all of this is happening, Will Anderson is going to have to find a way to get the QB with nobody next to him - Sheldon Rankins and Jon Greenard are free agents, y'know?

Saquan seems like an affordable solution, but Devin Singletary was really good on the back half of the season - and can probably be had for half the price. I'd be stoked with Saquan (or Jacobs or even Henry) but I think efficient is more important than flashy here.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Falconof Shadows said:

Allot of rumors the Falcons are interested in going after Kirk Cousins.....to lead them to multiple 8-9 win seasons for the cheap cheap price of 45m a season.

I'm thinking it's leverage against Chicago. Atl knows Chi wants off Fields, so pretending to he interested in Kirk could drive the price down even more

18 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I've heard the rumors on Evans - I mean, I'd be pumped but who the heck is gonna play defense? Texans have a bunch of pending FAs and dropping the money when you have Nico Collins and returning Tank Dell next season seems like a luxury.

While all of this is happening, Will Anderson is going to have to find a way to get the QB with nobody next to him - Sheldon Rankins and Jon Greenard are free agents, y'know?

Saquan seems like an affordable solution, but Devin Singletary was really good on the back half of the season - and can probably be had for half the price. I'd be stoked with Saquan (or Jacobs or even Henry) but I think efficient is more important than flashy here.

If I'm Houston, I would rather have Gabe Davis as the 3rd option than bring in Evans to be the top dog. Some of the advanced metrics on Nico are eye popping  & Dell should get a ton of slot targets.

I'm a sucker for those flashy RBs though, so I want to see a Henry/Singletary backfield there

• Like 1

I heard market for Fields is drying up quick. Maybe Falcons get him for a 4th. He's not very good. And for Kirk Cousins in Atlanta, if they signed him and he's healthy I would have Falcons down for at least 10 wins and division champs.

12 minutes ago, raidersedge said:

I heard market for Fields is drying up quick. Maybe Falcons get him for a 4th. He's not very good. And for Kirk Cousins in Atlanta, if they signed him and he's healthy I would have Falcons down for at least 10 wins and division champs.

49ers got a 4th for Lance who had lost his job (twice?) - I would think Fields is worth more than Lance 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MaddHatter said:

49ers got a 4th for Lance who had lost his job (twice?) - I would think Fields is worth more than Lance 

I think he will get more, but I'd be willing to bet that there are just a number of teams who don't consider fields a starting QB

1 hour ago, MaddHatter said:

Lance had 2 cheap years on rookie contract with next to 0 leverage on a 2nd contract.

Fields has 1 and is very likely wanting / expecting a big 2nd contract.  

• Like 1