League looking into Eagles/Falcons for tampering on Barkley and Cousins signings

RaidersAreOne

Will be funny when the # Howie called was Saquon's Agent and everything said was to that Agent.

Now whether or not that Agent had Howie was on speaker and Saquon present in the room to hear said comments (unbeknownst to Howie of course 👌) has to be proven.

Good luck with that!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Tiki Barber has sent 48 emails to the league office on behalf of the Giants,  but hasn't gotten a reply yet. 

He's trying to use the Saquon fallout to get back in our fanbase's good graces. After all, he quit on the team (and his pregnant wife!), but at least he didn't go to Philly.

Also Tbf Tiki was 10x the running back that Barkley was/is, but that's just a parting shot from a Giants fan lol.

• Like 2

Remember last year when this happened with Gannon and the Eagles were just like "it's all good, we are just going to take one of the Cardinals draft picks" and that was just... an acceptable resolution? Blew my mind lol

Just now, minutemancl said:

Remember last year when this happened with Gannon and the Eagles were just like "it's all good, we are just going to take one of the Cardinals draft picks" and that was just... an acceptable resolution? Blew my mind lol

We actually just made a trade. One that favored the Eagles, but still a trade. We swapped thirds and gave them a 5th round pick lol.

• Like 1

Is it tampering under league rules if it is a player “recruiting”? Not sure about the allegations, I read with Atlanta, Pitts was talking to Cousins and urging him to sign there, hard for me to imagine this is tampering unless it is done at the request of the front office. Presumably Pitts had zero ability to promise Cousins anything contract wise. 

3 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

It means the Giants and Vikings cried foul

Bizarre though because that is a HORRIFIC look for those teams....its basically saying "but if there wasn't tampering I could have screwed them over and signed them for cheaper!"

On 3/14/2024 at 12:36 PM, MKnight82 said:

Dock them both 1st round picks. 

This might be the only way this stuff stops.  Penalizing teams for 6th and/or 7th round picks is a slap on the wrist.

On 3/14/2024 at 9:43 AM, Duluther said:

I demand punishment for both the Falcons and Cousins:

- we receive the Falcons' 1st round pick

- Kirk and Julie are banned from Kohls. 

Kohls is a Wisconsin company so I don’t think they will take issue with it. Cousins, a known tightwad,  banned from Target and from using 3M products would make sense. Good luck keeping track of those ill-gotten gains without post-its. 

46 minutes ago, Pugger said:

This might be the only way this stuff stops.  Penalizing teams for 6th and/or 7th round picks is a slap on the wrist.

It will never stop. GM's will just smarten up and start using disposable virgin mobile phones and voice changers to contact players.

Edited by Jeezla