Peyton Manning; Colt or Bronco?

Nex_Gen

It's been eight years since Peyton has retired from his 17 year HOF career; 13 with Indy, 4 with Denver. It just dawned on me that ever since, he only seems to associate with the Broncos' organization. He attends their games, does marketing/ads and has multiple investments in Denver and even seems to be in insider for them at this point. I feel like I might have even heard about a potential FO job in the Broncos organization at some point, although don't quote me on this. The guy actually seems to have no relationship with the Colts' currently. Any particular reason for that? Which team do you particularly view Peyton with when thinking of his career?

Edited by Nex_Gen

I mean, I don’t think Peyton and the Colts parted on the kindest of terms. Not Brady-Belichick level, but things got a little dicey between Irsay and Peyton at the end there. I assume it left a sour taste in Peyton’s mouth, even though Indy is still his home.

But mostly - he lives in Denver. Kinda makes being a part of the organization a little simpler when it’s the one you live in the same state as.

Edited by Soko
  • Like 5

To this fan?  He's a Colt.  I almost forget that he was a Bronco, despite his huge success there.  But that is just me.

I've got no clue as to why he doesn't associate with the Colts, but I feel like the posts above mine make a lot of sense.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

The guy actually seems to have no relationship with the Colts' currently. Any particular reason for that?

I don't think his departure was a very cordial one. I'm sure there's a burnt bridge with Jim Irsay.

Despite how things ended, Manning and Irsay have a great relationship. Manning has made plenty of appearances in Indy especially for the ring of honor celebrations for his former teammates and coaches.

That being said, he owns a $4.6 million mansion in Colorado so it’s all about location. 

• Like 1

There's really no question: Colts. Not sure about the bad blood thing...I do remember when the Colts let him go, he said something like "In my heart I will always be a Colt." Maybe that changed, can't say. But to most fans there's really no question of it.