2024 Day 1 NFL Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

CWood21

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Old, but still extremely picky. Spoiler alert, I am not now or ever was good enough looking to be as picky as I am. I also certainly didn't wow them with my personality either. 

dunno old man.  I find women get better looking as I get older.  picky isn't in my vocabulary at this point in my life.  Also women talking ball takes them up a notch in my book.  Maybe her sim sucks but so does PFF. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Could be making this up but isn't his void hit for next year something like $15m, so wouldn't that mean it is in our interest to do a deal with him. If he does have a high void year number can we still tag him?

the void money is spent either way.  IF you want to do an extension/3rd contract with Clark, that void cap charge shouldn't be a big factor in the process.

Both Mims and Guyton have only ever played one position. RT.  They are RT only prospects. They do not have any position versatility that we know of and any suggestion due to their size and athleticism they would plug in easily at LT is a big assumption.

Guyton has played alot more than Mims and he does NOT have 1st round tape.

Mims is a wildcard. He's exactly someone I can see Gute taking a swing at but I find it hard to believe he would be available at #25. His young, he's a physical freak, guys like that gets drafted EARLY. History tells us that the first round is full of projections to the NFL, teams don't worry too much about college playing experience and they draft the freakiest of the freaky early. He's that guy.

I think its much more likely we want someone with LT experience but also projects well to moving inside. Barton is still in play for me and I honestly think Suamataia is in the picture. I also kind of wonder if Fautanu would be in play if he drops. He may not meet the height threshold but he ticks everything else. I would run to the podium if Fautanu is available. I think he might drop because he's short for a tackle and not many teams would use an early/mid first round pick on an interior lineman.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

No, that's not it.  The line is based on 100.  A negative number means you have to bet more than 100 to win 100.  A positive number means you win more than 100 when you bet 100

a line of -150 means a bet of 150 will pay out 100

a line of +150 means a bet of 100 will pay out 150

for a $10 bet to win you 100, the line would need to be +1000

If you bet $150 just to win $100, you are either VERY dumb at math, or a degenerate gambler. 

Edited by bleedforbucky
Spelling

12 minutes ago, bleedforbucky said:

If you bet $150 just to win $100, you are either VERY dumb at math, or a degenerate gambler. 

You do understand that "winning $150" means you collect $250, right?

Your $100 bet PLUS the $150 win.

Now this is how you build team chemistry

Deebo Samuel, Brandon Aiyuk trade rumors: 49ers fielding offers for both WRs, per report

The 49ers are apparently willing to trade one of their top two receivers

• Like 1