2024 Day 1 NFL Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

CWood21

It's okay to have a favorite in the Draft and be disappointed we didn't take that guy - but Morgan is going to take over RG from Rhyan and solidify our OL.    Going to be a fixture for a long time even if he's not sexy

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, let us not forget that the reason that game against the 49ers went south is that they ran out of Tackles because guys got banged up so the offense sputtered.

Yeah....its a yearly recharge for the OL. Can never let that position group run dry and I trust our FO guys to pick the right players.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

That's basically where I am at.  Gute had his choice between board darling Barton and Morgan, and he went with Morgan.  I'm a little bummed it wasn't Barton, but I'll get over it.  We'll find out soon enough whether Morgan was the right choice.

Barton just on the ground a whoooole bunch. That's not a great trait for an OL.

Morgan's a wildcat, which means he has PLENTY of room to grow with proper coaching.

• Like 1

Crazy how the last 30 minutes played out. Sitting at pick 21, the Dolphins select Chop Robinson. Most of us are excited to land one of the top CBs in the draft.

Instead we end up with an OT, that most would have settled for at pick 41 at the earliest. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MantyWrestler said:

Most athletic OT, give him a shot at LT, RT… if he wins one, Tom can be all-pro OC and let Meyer walk to give a shot at OG. If he can’t play OT, he certainly can be an OG that pulls. 

I could see Morgan moving to RT in that scenario. I suspect they'll try Tom out at LT at some point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

The "it was a reach" crowd has made an appearance.  Cool.

Just wait until it happens next year and the "it was a reach" crowd is live in person. 

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

Barton just on the ground a whoooole bunch. That's not a great trait for an OL.

Morgan's a wildcat, which means he has PLENTY of room to grow with proper coaching.

On the ground playing Dukes schedule. Now take an NfL DT 1v1.

3 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

So was Love. 

Apples and oranges...

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

The "it was a reach" crowd has made an appearance.  Cool.

because it was...

I have plenty of confidence in our OL staff as they are top-3 in the league, but we had a chance to draft an impact player that would've fit Hafley's defense immediately.

4 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, let us not forget that the reason that game against the 49ers went south is that they ran out of Tackles because guys got banged up so the offense sputtered.

I mean, if you're drafting a backup OT in the first round you're doing something wrong.  They clearly view him as a starting IOL.

• Like 1