Day 1 Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

Ragnarok

1 minute ago, Mr.UFO said:

I think the Colts run a 4-3 under defense, which uses edge linebackers (Latu's position at UCLA) and rushing DEs. Which one will Latu play?

If Latu is gonna have success, it was probably in a scheme just like that, or a classic 3-4 rush LBer.  He's a classic "LEO" wide-9 sort of designated pass rusher in that scheme i think.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Conflicted to say the very least. Absolutely love the player. I think the value is incredible. One of the few blue chip players and a likely generational TE prospect.

However we have huge needs at CB, T and QB. Every QB was gone so that's fine, but I wanted Fuaga or Arnold badly. I did not have Bowers on my radar whatsoever.

Pure BPA and I respect Telesco for sending it. Mayer and Bowers is a potentially top tier TE room in a year or two.

Bowers can do a whole lot.  You guys are going to love him.  Absolutely been so much fun as a UGA fan watching him the past three seasons. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr.UFO said:

I think the Colts run a 4-3 under defense, which uses edge linebackers (Latu's position at UCLA) and rushing DEs. Which one will Latu play?

He'll be RE which in Bradley's scheme is the LEO i.e. Ngakoue, Ebukam slot

• Like 1

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

They're nuts taking a lineman with a spinal fusion.

I’m a little torn on that.  Having seen everyone call the medical alarm on Jon Allen and Montez Sweat and seeing their production, sometimes the medicals can be wrong.  

It’s a spinal fusion, but you also saw Adam “Edge” Copeland retire from pro wrestling due to that, and he came back a few years ago.  Football is a different animal, sure, but it isn’t necessarily a death sentence.  

That being said, not sure I could spend a first round pick on him. 

4 minutes ago, Jaytrajik said:

Latu to the Colts is meh. Not too worried about what the AFC South has done so far. 

I'm still lol'ing at that Latham pick. Would be the funniest part of the draft if not for the Falcons.

Edited by Kookie23
  • Like 1