EDGE - 4
CB - 3
TE - 1
DT - 1
DE - 1
C - 1

offense - 23
defense - 9

Which means it'll likely even out tomorrow.  But, thankfully I won't have to watch.  I'll probably just follow it on my phone just in case.

• Like 1

JJ McCarthy and Dallas Turner?  💥💯  

I'm not saying these two make a slamdunk A+ draft, but wow!  I'm liking it so far.

With Penix, Latham and Nix being drafted higher than expected, it pushed Turner down the board.   I'm glad KAM did what was needed to get him.   That D-Line/OLB group has a nice blend of talent.    Just need a true NT with some CB help -- then Flores can have some fun!

McCarthy has to be stoked . . . I'm curious how the skill players will respond in initial imterviews.

1 hour ago, viking said:

There is a very real possibility that T'Vondre Sweat falls to our pick @108 

If that happens I hope Kwesi pulls the trigger and drafts him

Kwesi is a gambler when it comes potential incredible bargains IF they go right and reach their highest potential.  He's worldly enough to know that Sweat was careless, as many young athletes are.  That doesn't mean that the kids' character is so flawed that he's much more likely to fail in The NFL because of immaturity, bad decisions, and a criminal bent.  The Vikings have a good culture and facilities, and staff and auxiliary consultants that can do a better job of keeping the players in line than many of the other NFL teams.  Sweat's high-end potential is so high (especially related to his cost (IF he drops to pick 108), that Kwesi would be making a bad mistake to not pick him there.  That is especially crucial in a season when The team has many roster holes to fill with better players, and has gotten rid of half of so many of their picks high in this draft and in next year's as well.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

This was the worst year in recent memory for NFL Network and ESPN tipping picks. Especially Jeremiah and Rapoport on NFL Network. 

Booger and Louis did basically every single pick. ESPN would also just pan to the camera also.

Passing on Troy Fautanu was hard, at arguably both of those spots because he would be an instant starting at LG right away and would be already their best IOL on the roster.  That is a need and with all the draft picks they have traded away not sure one will be just sitting there in the 4th round.  What they have one 4th, one 5th and a 7th and that is it for the rest of the draft right...

Turner could be great in the system with his athletic ability and zone drop ability which Flores does all the time.  Does suck to not have the pure power and push Verse provides, Vikings have a lot of thin dudes on the edge but no real power which kind of stinks.  Good to be fast though and Turner was a great value at that spot.

6 hours ago, ArcticNorseman said:

JJ McCarthy and Dallas Turner?  💥💯  

I'm not saying these two make a slamdunk A+ draft, but wow!  I'm liking it so far.

With Penix, Latham and Nix being drafted higher than expected, it pushed Turner down the board.   I'm glad KAM did what was needed to get him.   That D-Line/OLB group has a nice blend of talent.    Just need a true NT with some CB help -- then Flores can have some fun!

McCarthy has to be stoked . . . I'm curious how the skill players will respond in initial imterviews.

True but was odd giving up so much just to move up to #10 unless they thought the Jets would trade that pick to someone else.  And even giving up what they got to get Turner but to me that made more sense because it was a higher move but even that was giving up #23 overall, 2 3rd round picks and a 4th rounder to go to #17 which is not nothing.

Latham clearly some around here are clueless on that guy, he is a monster and a mauler and since when is being a physically dominating OL bad.  The guy moves people and is a beast, awesome pickup and he is well worth being selected that high and was the most physically impressive build of any OL in the draft at the combine arguably.  The guy could be a great pro.  

It was a solid draft but does suck to lose so much capital, even to move up to get McCarthy but at least it was not three 1st round picks+!

McCarthy is the king of interviews and I am sure he will win over all of his teammates instantly, that is not the issue and never will be the issue.  So in that regard he will be off to a great start in Minnesota.

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

This was the worst year in recent memory for NFL Network and ESPN tipping picks. Especially Jeremiah and Rapoport on NFL Network. 

In terms of tipping the pick, I actually noticed in the stadium background that they had the Jets picking at 11 before they announced it on screen. I pretty much knew the Vikings had traded up for McCarthy at that point.

12 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

In terms of tipping the pick, I actually noticed in the stadium background that they had the Jets picking at 11 before they announced it on screen. I pretty much knew the Vikings had traded up for McCarthy at that point.

The clock moved to the next team once the pick is in. Teams know who the pick is before it is announced on screen

Besides the Vikings, who are the most improved teams coming out of the first round?  For me, it's Washington and Chicago, unfortunately.  I think both teams, starting rookie QBs will have better records than 2023.

Conversely, I think the Patriots missed an opportunity to trade back and pick up difference makers with multiple picks.  I think, even with a new coaching staff, they are likely to ruin Drake Maye...even if he sits all or most of the year.

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I guess it's a good thing I don't have cable then.  I was watching it on ABC and they didn't tip anything.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1