1.25 - Jordan Morgan [OT; Arizona]

13 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Yeah, this one's pretty easy, the red on him is fairly straight forward: 

Lacks elite natural strength and corresponding pure drive skills and anchor ....

Seems classic Packers.  Will lack drive skills, and when it's 3rd-and-1 he's not going to help to drive the line. 

But Packers have never been good at that and don't prioritize that capacity. 

Pass blocking is priority #1, as it should be.  And run blocking they care more about mobility than about drive-blocking.  

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I'd bet good money when Tom becomes a pro-bowl RT they wouldn't consider moving him. If I'm Tom, I'd ask to be traded rather than move inside. 

Packers know what they have in Tom and his value all across the line.  Even if he were to move to C because that's what puts the best five on the field, they'll pay him OT money

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I'd bet good money when Tom becomes a pro-bowl RT they wouldn't consider moving him. If I'm Tom, I'd ask to be traded rather than move inside. 

The Lions just paid Penei Sewell $28M/year to be the highest paid RT by almost $8M/year.  If he's good, he'll get paid.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

The Lions just paid Penei Sewell $28M/year to be the highest paid RT by almost $8M/year.  If he's good, he'll get paid.

We know he's good. Centers don't get paid like tackles. 

14 hours ago, persiandud said:

the dejean people are so annoying. OL is a good pick but boring, we get it 

Yup.  If you don't have a decent OL your offense can't function properly no matter who is throwing, catching or rushing it.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Lodestar said:

Gute said they had multiple offers to move back in the 1st as well as into day 2. Said they had Morgan highly rated and didn't want to miss out on him.

He also seemed to put to bed any notion that Detroit jumped us for Arnold.

Do we really want another CB from Alabama in the first round?   😉

3 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Yup.  If you don't have a decent OL your offense can't function properly no matter who is throwing, catching or rushing it.

It's hard to be unhappy about bolstering the Oline, but we sure as hell better get a starter at S and LB'er today.

13 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

because he's a g/c player who isn't great at anything except combine stats.  He's good/solid.  I just don't look for good/solid in the first round.

When you are drafting towards the end of the first round I doubt there is much discernable difference between these guys and those taken early in the 2nd.

12 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Remember when we talked about right tackles not getting paid like left tackles?

Not sure what that has to do with Centers? 

Frank Ragnow was the top paid center last year averaging 13.5 million a year. The Lions just paid Sewell 28 average a year average. If you think the center position is just going to suddenly catch up, I don't know what to tell you. 

You want Tom to potentially take a 50% pay cut to move to center. I would demand a trade. 

• Like 1