1.25 - Jordan Morgan [OT; Arizona]

8 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Definitely need at least one more starting caliber corner though .. our division rivals are fairly loaded up at WR.

Of course I was referencing Ha Ha...   lol

13 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Not sure what that has to do with Centers? 

Frank Ragnow was the top paid center last year averaging 13.5 million a year. The Lions just paid Sewell 28 average a year average. If you think the center position is just going to suddenly catch up, I don't know what to tell you. 

You want Tom to potentially take a 50% pay cut to move to center. I would demand a trade. 

They know what they have in Tom.  They know he can play anywhere along the line and play it at a very high level.   I think you are reading way, way too much into a potential move to center and the impact on his pay.    He will be paid according to his importance to the OL, which is substantial.

6 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

They know what they have in Tom.  They know he can play anywhere along the line and play it at a very high level.   I think you are reading way, way too much into a potential move to center and the impact on his pay.    He will be paid according to his importance to the OL, which is substantial.

I'm saying it isn't happening. Others are suggesting since we took Morgan there must be some validity to the rumor. 

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Why are we talking about Tom at C? Myers is our C. 

Thank you and I agree! 

Just now, Old Guy said:

I'm saying it isn't happening. Others are suggesting since we took Morgan there must be some validity to the rumor. 

Thank you and I agree! 

Nobody is suggesting it is likely to happen.   It is being discussed as a possibility, not a probability.  I know this distinction is lost on a message board where everything needs to be black or white.   A suggestion that Tom might play center is an absolute affront in this world.      Regardless, it is a possibility that will get sorted out in camp.    If the Packers intend to create competition across the line then it is not out of the realm of possibility that Myers will have to fight for his job along with everyone else.     I would agree with those that would suggest It is unlikely he will lose that job and unlikely Tom will move to center, but I will not agree with those that suggest Myers doesn't have to compete for it.

Also - what I have replied to in your previous posts are not you stating it isn't happening, you have been stating Tom wouldn't do it purely for salary reasons - which I think is false

Just now, Herbie_Hancock said:

Wow you really are an old guy. 

That’s awesome though! 

I was the second youngest of 10 kids. Her Father is 10 years older than me. I'll just say I'm over 60. 

Just now, Kampfgeist said:

Also - what I have replied to in your previous posts are not you stating it isn't happening, you have been stating Tom wouldn't do it purely for salary reasons - which I think is false

OK, IMO then either Tom, his agent or both are idiots. ZT is one year away from getting over 20 a year in his next contract. Would that contract come next year or the year after is unknown. He's not sniffing that if he moved to center. In fact, his next contract likely is cut in half if he moves to center based on the pay of the two positions. 

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

OK, IMO then either Tom, his agent or both are idiots. ZT is one year away from getting over 20 a year in his next contract. Would that contract come next year or the year after is unknown. He's not sniffing that if he moved to center. In fact, his next contract likely is cut in half if he moves to center based on the pay of the two positions. 

Then if you go back and re-read my previous posts, my point is even if he were to move to center (a hypothetical possibility, not a probability mind you) the Packers know his value across the entire line.  They know he can play any position and play it at a high level.   He will not be compensated "as a center."    He will be compensated as a wildly valuable offensive lineman that is currently playing center

With a 7th round pick signed through 2025 and a rookie as the OT's in this scenario, Tom is an easy re-sign at upper OL market value regardless of position he is currently playing.   Packers know they can always move him back to OT if they don't re-sign Walker in 2026.

Edited by Kampfgeist