1.25 - Jordan Morgan [OT; Arizona]

2 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

Such a myopic view.    Morgan's career will span more than week one and more than year one.    

Are you sure about that? Alex Leatherwood was so bad he got cut after one year. I'm not saying he's going to be that bad but if he doesn't start week one it should be concerning for every Packers fan.

1 minute ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

If Morgan starts at RG day 1, that probably means that Walker has improved quite a bit and coaches feel comfortable with him starting. I'm expecting Morgan to start at RG this season. Though admittedly I'm a lot higher on Walker than most.

If Morgan never starts at game at OT for the next 4 years, it will have meant that Walker and Tom are kicking *** and we have Morgan as probably one of the top 5 swing OTs in the league. That's a massive success all the way around, especially for the team. 

11 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

If Morgan never starts at game at OT for the next 4 years, it will have meant that Walker and Tom are kicking *** and we have Morgan as probably one of the top 5 swing OTs in the league. That's a massive success all the way around, especially for the team. 

I see more of a guard than Tackle. He has short arms, great drive ability with huge hands, and an elite 10 yd split that allows him to get out in space. Potential all-pro RG for us.

Edited by Mdpackfan22

2 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

I see more of a guard than Tackle. He has short arms, great drive ability with huge hands, and an elite 10 yd split that allows him to get out in space. Potential all-pro RG for us.

My point is that no one should be cheering for one guy over another. If Morgan looks good but can't beat out Walker, that's perfectly fine because that means Walker is getting it done, or vice versa. I couldn't care less who the starting 5 are or where they play, as long as they get it done. You need 6-7 "good" OL anyways and as long as Morgan finds a role anywhere in that group, he's worth the pick. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

My point is that no one should be cheering for one guy over another. If Morgan looks good but can't beat out Walker, that's perfectly fine because that means Walker is getting it done, or vice versa. I couldn't care less who the starting 5 are or where they play, as long as they get it done. You need 6-7 "good" OL anyways and as long as Morgan finds a role anywhere in that group, he's worth the pick. 

Oh I'm not cheering for one guy over the other by any means. I just see Jordan Morgan as more of a guard and with him at RG, we have a potential for a dominant right side of the line with him and Tom. I yearn for the days of getting back to a dominant run game and I see Morgan making that a reality.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

It's also in the Packers best interest for Walker to be good.  Could be a potential trade chip or high value comp pick if he eventually hits the free agent market.  For the time being Morgan provides a lot of competition, depth, and versatility. If he wins a starting job then all the better.  

28 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Are you sure about that? Alex Leatherwood was so bad he got cut after one year. I'm not saying he's going to be that bad but if he doesn't start week one it should be concerning for every Packers fan.

Man.  It's like you don't learn lessons concerning patience and player development.

It wasn't concerning when Love didn't start.  It was expected.

It wasn't concerning when Gary didn't start.  It was expected.

It's wasn't concerning when LVN didn't start.  It was expected.

This is what we do.  We draft kids with traits and develop them.  This is no different.  

• Like 11

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

competition, competition, competition

Staff has been ALL about this with good results lately. Flood a room with hungry talent and let the entire group raise itself.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

I couldn't care less who the starting 5 are or where they play, as long as they get it done. You need 6-7 "good" OL anyways and as long as Morgan finds a role anywhere in that group, he's worth the pick. 

This ☝️

3 hours ago, StatKing said:

Freedom of Speech was a mistake

• Like 6

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Man.  It's like you don't learn lessons concerning patience and player development.

It wasn't concerning when Love didn't start.  It was expected.

It wasn't concerning when Gary didn't start.  It was expected.

It's wasn't concerning when LVN didn't start.  It was expected.

This is what we do.  We draft kids with traits and develop them.  This is no different.  

It's almost like those guys play completely different positions. I don't think it's asking to much to expect our first round pick to start. When's the last time we had a true impact rookie first rounder? Jaire like 6 years ago?