1.25 - Jordan Morgan [OT; Arizona]

2 minutes ago, StatKing said:

I'm hoping he starts at LT but I'll be happy with him just starting regardless of position. As long as he makes an impact, that's all I care about. Him sitting on the bench doesn't do anything for us.

Him sitting on the bench doesn't do anything for us IMMEDIATELY. It may be that Morgan needs a little time. Its never just about the coming season.

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

Looks like AgendaKing has a new agenda.

Can't wait to find out who we should have taken instead of Morgan.

That and the fact that Love is 25 but we only have a 2-3 year window!🤪

8 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

If only there was a thread for that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dubz41 said:

That's how it generally works for teams not named the Chiefs. I don't think even the biggest Packers homers expect Love to be one of the top 5 greatest QBs of all time. We just had 30 straight years of HoF QB play but we were really only a true contender for maybe a third of that time. The NFL is all about windows and knowing when to capitalize on them.

15 minutes ago, StatKing said:

I don't think even the biggest Packers homers expect Love to be one of the top 5 greatest QBs of all time.

Who cares about that? I just wanted a guy that could win games for us...and he appears to be that guy. So whats to complain about? 

2 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

I read on these forums for about 12 straight years we were in a 2-3 yr window.    I'll be reading the same for the next 12.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, StatKing said:

That's how it generally works for teams not named the Chiefs. I don't think even the biggest Packers homers expect Love to be one of the top 5 greatest QBs of all time. We just had 30 straight years of HoF QB play but we were really only a true contender for maybe a third of that time. The NFL is all about windows and knowing when to capitalize on them.

No wonder ders cant hit a fg someone keeps moving the goalposts

• Like 4

3 hours ago, StatKing said:

You know that Jordan Love's pace the second half of the season is like a top 10 season, right? 18:1 TD:INT.  Kid is good.  The team around him is growing too.  

5 hours ago, StatKing said:

StatKing has a valid point. How many times did we say Rodgers dragged us to NFC championship we had no business being in?

During the Rodgers era, our windows were 2010-2014 and 2019-2021

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

You know that Jordan Love's pace the second half of the season is like a top 10 season, right? 18:1 TD:INT.  Kid is good.  The team around him is growing too.  

I've admitted I was wrong about Love. Don't know what else you guys want me to say. I don't think it's an insult to say he isn't Patrick Mahomes. 

6 hours ago, Leader said:

Who cares about that? I just wanted a guy that could win games for us...and he appears to be that guy. So whats to complain about? 

Having a good QB isn't the end all be all is the point I'm trying to make.  Yes, we have the most important piece in place, but knowing when to push your chips to the middle of the table or fold is just as crucial.

Every team that is contending for a Super Bowl has a window and ours started last year. I'm just not a fan of spending first round picks on developmental guys when we should be going all in while our offense is young and cheap.

Posted (edited)

Like thing thing we don't know about Love is not "can he play QB as well as anybody else in the NFL"  it's "how regularly is he able to do that?"  Like the best Josh Allen's best games are better than Mahomes' best games, but Allen is much highly variable than other top QBs.

Edited by PossibleCabbage