1.25 - Jordan Morgan [OT; Arizona]

19 hours ago, persiandud said:

my prediction for our OL week 1

LT - Morgan

LG - Jenkins

C - Tom

RG - Myers/Rhyan/draft pick

RT - Walker

what do you guys think? I do think there is fire to that Packers report that they see Tom as a better C 

2 hours ago, persiandud said:

what do you guys think? I do think there is fire to that Packers report that they see Tom as a better C 

I think when you have a guy that works at one of the most important positions on the OL, you don't mess with him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HyponGrey said:

I think when you have a guy that works at one of the most important positions on the OL, you don't mess with him.

i totally understand that, and i'm not gonna fight you guys on it. 

but i do think that with this smoke there's some fire. we'll see! 

i already feel good about Morgan taking Walkers spot, so at the very least this line will surely be shuffled around. i don't think Morgan ends up as our RG 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, persiandud said:

i already feel good about Morgan taking Walkers spot, so at the very least this line will surely be shuffled around. i don't think Morgan ends up as our RG 

I don't think they are moving Tom and Tom would have every right to be mega PO'd if they did without paying him T money first. His contract leverage goes way down because if they move him to C, even if he wanted to leave to play T elsewhere, they can tag him as a C multiple times cheaper than paying T money. A scout within the Packers may have had that opinion of him at one point, but it flies out of the window when he shows he can be a high end T.

Here's my OL

Morgan, Jenkins, Myers, Rhyan(?), Tom

I don't think they are looking to move on from Myers yet. I have the feeling he looks way better from the inside than the outside, and Rhyan was good enough to push his way into Runyan's snaps. At the very least he's going to be serviceable. I'd still like 1-2 interior OL picks for depth, but I'm 100% happy rolling with this line in 2024.

19 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

How ticked was Jenkins when they moved him back inside? What if the best five are Walker, Jenkins, Morgan, Tom, and Myers? How do you get them all on the field? 

One way: Morgan-Jenkins-Tom-Myers-Walker (or flip Myers and Tom)

Jenkins started as a G and was up and down as a T. He would have had a harder time making the argument T was his best position and his injury struggles also hurt him a bit. Also they kinda paid him more than normal for a G BEFORE moving him back inside full time. He's the 3rd highest paid G in the league. 

I don't think Walker is one of the best 5. I'm looking to replace him first, then Rhyan, then Myers. I feel like for some reason most other people have that list backwards. I think the line I suggested IS the best 5 players. 

13 minutes ago, spilltray said:

Jenkins started as a G and was up and down as a T. He would have had a harder time making the argument T was his best position and his injury struggles also hurt him a bit. Also they kinda paid him more than normal for a G BEFORE moving him back inside full time. He's the 3rd highest paid G in the league. 

I don't think Walker is one of the best 5. I'm looking to replace him first, then Rhyan, then Myers. I feel like for some reason most other people have that list backwards. I think the line I suggested IS the best 5 players. 

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I would rate Walker over Rhyan. Peace.

I'm still looking for more depth on the OLine today. You?

53 minutes ago, spilltray said:

I don't think they are moving Tom and Tom would have every right to be mega PO'd if they did without paying him T money first. His contract leverage goes way down because if they move him to C, even if he wanted to leave to play T elsewhere, they can tag him as a C multiple times cheaper than paying T money. A scout within the Packers may have had that opinion of him at one point, but it flies out of the window when he shows he can be a high end T.

Here's my OL

Morgan, Jenkins, Myers, Rhyan(?), Tom

I don't think they are looking to move on from Myers yet. I have the feeling he looks way better from the inside than the outside, and Rhyan was good enough to push his way into Runyan's snaps. At the very least he's going to be serviceable. I'd still like 1-2 interior OL picks for depth, but I'm 100% happy rolling with this line in 2024.

I dont think there is a separate franchise tag for C.  I think all OL are grouped together.

6 hours ago, persiandud said:

Tom would have to regress badly at RT for us to consider a position switch. 

Right now Rhyan is the RG.

Think the team needs to see if it has a versatile piece in Walker, or if he's an OT only. Very likely if you count Jenkins that he's the 4th best OT on the roster by the end of camp. Being able to be better than Rhyan at guard could take him from bench piece to starter.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Think the team needs to see if it has a versatile piece in Walker, or if he's an OT only. Very likely if you count Jenkins that he's the 4th best OT on the roster by the end of camp. Being able to be better than Rhyan at guard could take him from bench piece to starter.

I think as a rookie he spent some time in camp playing RT, but yeah, definitely changes things a bit if he shows versatility beyond that.