1.25 - Jordan Morgan [OT; Arizona]

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Yeah, this one's pretty easy, the red on him is fairly straight forward: 

Lacks elite natural strength and corresponding pure drive skills and anchor 

Is an old man. 

Little bit of an injury history including an ACL

The 24 at the start of the season is a bummer but isn't that just the landscape college has sewn the past 5 years

Gute's press conference made it seem like they really want this guy playing LT. That's really the only position he has played, and it sounds like that's where they drafted him to play. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MuFF said:

Gute's press conference made it seem like they really want this guy playing LT. That's really the only position he has played, and it sounds like that's where they drafted him to play. 

that's exactly what I was waiting for and expecting from Gute.  This is your LT of the future and hopefully the now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MuFF said:

Look at his lower body. You're damn right he's gonna be tired at LT first.

He’s just not DeJean.

It was the better pick for the team, but not for my dreams.

I’m disappointed because I like interceptions more than offensive line play, but this gives us a better chance at winning a Super Bowl.

It was a good pick.

And the reason you draft college tackles is if they fail, they probably don’t fail at guard. If you draft a guard and they fail, they just fail. It’s the Robert Gallery rule.

• Like 4

One thing about Morgan is that he's currently 14 months off an ACL repair.  History shows that the second year after being cleared from ACL surgery is much better than the first.  It's possible that the version of Jordan Morgan in the NFL in 2024 is much better than the one at Arizona in 2023 (as he was in the first year after ACL) or in Arizona in 2022 (as he was 20 years old, and then he tore his ACL.)

• Like 2

The "He's going to be a G" is oddly similar to the comments after drafting Bulaga. I think the shortness of his arms and the negative impact are overstated.

I don't love the pick, but I like him better than Mims and Guyton. I like what I see overall and I agree he's getting a shot at LT and if he fails, he will get work up and down the line. I also like a guy who can play LT more than a C/G like Barton or Powers-Johnson.

I'm optimistic. I like the fit, like the guy. I'd have gone with DeJean or Barton, but Im also not a huge OL guy. Love the value, but I only know the basics of what Im looking at. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

One thing about Morgan is that he's currently 14 months off an ACL repair.  History shows that the second year after being cleared from ACL surgery is much better than the first.  It's possible that the version of Jordan Morgan in the NFL in 2024 is much better than the one at Arizona in 2023 (as he was in the first year after ACL) or in Arizona in 2022 (as he was 20 years old, and then he tore his ACL.)

I think Gute is kinda fanatical about finding guys "whose best football is in front of them". He's a value seeker through and through. 

Which is an awesome trait to have in your GM

• Like 1

In his interview, which he seemed bright and attentive, he said he’s already watched a ton of Bakh on tape. He admires his feet, balance and strike. He will definitely get a chance to compete at T and likely will be Clifford’s LT in August. If he can’t cut it there, he will make for a nimble G and should be strong enough to play there. 

• Like 1

I didn't want Barton and I was fine with Morgan. Not the sexiest pick at all, and it was one of the biggest reaches by consensus, but no one knows anything so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Morgan vs Barton vs Guyton is going to be interesting in the coming years. 

I'm gonna be more interested in how Arnold does and why Detroit thought they needed to jump Green Bay. Going by what Gute is saying, defensive back wasn't even on the radar in round one. I think that's wild given how the board shook out, but I'm not the GM of the Packers.

Anyway, go Packers.