1.25 - Jordan Morgan [OT; Arizona]

3 minutes ago, ReasonablySober said:

I'm gonna be more interested in how Arnold does and why Detroit thought they needed to jump Green Bay. Going by what Gute is saying, defensive back wasn't even on the radar in round one. I think that's wild given how the board shook out, but I'm not the GM of the Packers.

Clearly they felt Green Bay was in the market for a CB.  And despite Gute's comments, he probably was interested.  But OL >>> CB if you're discussing importance of positions IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Clearly they felt Green Bay was in the market for a CB.  And despite Gute's comments, he probably was interested.  But OL >>> CB if you're discussing importance of positions IMO.

I have to believe CB wasn't a thought for Gute, at least in the first round.

Because if the position was, and the best at the position was available at #22 and he didn't make a move up, that would be dereliction of duty. 

In this instance I'm just gonna believe he was cool with Arnold/Mitchell/Wiggins/DeJean being picked in front of him because he was focussed on versatile offensive lineman.

• Like 1

Just now, ReasonablySober said:

I have to believe CB wasn't a thought for Gute, at least in the first round.

Because if the position was, and the best at the position was available at #22 and he didn't make a move up, that would be dereliction of duty. 

In this instance I'm just gonna believe he was cool with Arnold/Mitchell/Wiggins/DeJean being picked in front of him because he was focussed on versatile offensive lineman.

Getting out of day 2 with Max Melton or something makes any agita about this go away, imo 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That or felt Tampa was.

Gute said they had multiple offers to move back in the 1st as well as into day 2. Said they had Morgan highly rated and didn't want to miss out on him.

He also seemed to put to bed any notion that Detroit jumped us for Arnold.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, persiandud said:

how was he a trap? i liked Barton more 

because he's a g/c player who isn't great at anything except combine stats.  He's good/solid.  I just don't look for good/solid in the first round.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

He also seemed to put to bed any notion that Detroit jumped us for Arnold.

Very good to know. I mean, I was more disappointed they didn't trade up for Mitchell or Arnold once they got past pick #20 than I was that they picked Morgan. It'll be fine. No reason not to trust Gute/West Coast Scouts on their assessment. Now, the unknowable is whether Dallas traded back with the Lions thinking they could still get Morgan or were they targeting Guyton all along?

Edited by DWhitehurst

Just now, St Vince said:

Walker and Tom's rookie deals are up at the same time. They can't pay both so this is Walkers replacement.

You are overthinking it.

Walker is serviceable. He's talented but inconsistent and sometimes makes things harder than he needs to.

Morgan looks like he can be an outright better player there, possibly even this year. 

You don't even need to get into contract length or Tom. This is looking to do better than a guy who might be serviceable when it comes to your QB's blind side.

55 minutes ago, MuFF said:

Gute's press conference made it seem like they really want this guy playing LT. That's really the only position he has played, and it sounds like that's where they drafted him to play. 

was rasheed not super good down the stretch? i thought he was kinda killing it, no?