1.25 - Jordan Morgan [OT; Arizona]

32 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

From my February 28th mock:

#25-  OT  Jordan Morgan  6'6" 320  Out of Arizona,  Swing to start then competing and pushing Walker.

#41-  LB  Payton Wilson   6'4"  238  NC State, Butkus award winner.  Injury red flag, but stayed healthy last year. 

#58-  S   Javon Bullard   5'10" 200   Georgia   Just got a feeling he is what we're looking for in a Safety,  can play a little slot.  Better pro than college

#88-  CB Max Melton   5'11"   190   Rutgers   wish he was a little more physical, but he can cover.  Raw talent for the CB room

#91-   IOL  Dom Puni    6'4"   320   Kansas   college OT but will be back up G/C for us.  Some Zach Tom vibes from him.

#127-  RB  Ray Davis   5'10"  215   Kentucky   was Mr. Everything for Kentucky, needs work on Pass Pro

I am Gute with this pick.

If you are also Gute with the rest of the picks, I'll be good.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I think the team was very interested in the idea of making Walker compete for it for sure

That's it I think .. gets to battle with Walker at LT and it Walker shines he probably takes on Rhyan at RG.  Good athlete .. lots of experience.  It's not bad.  Apparently the league isn't as high on DeJean as most of us are.  

Just now, HighCalebR said:

Also a Team Captain and has been lauded for his workout ethic.. so I dont know where the lack of effort comes from.

Yeah, this one's pretty easy, the red on him is fairly straight forward: 

Lacks elite natural strength and corresponding pure drive skills and anchor 

Is an old man. 

Little bit of an injury history including an ACL

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

I don't care if he's LT, RG or RT. I love adding talent to they room and let em compete. Want a stud unit. Let's take another one.

gotta reconcile this draft with the decision to bring in Josh Jacobs.  They are looking to do something much more physical in the run game.

Athletic OL create more clean 1 on 1 looks for the RB.  Josh Jacobs is a guy who beats you 1 on 1 and doesn't hate 1 on 2 like our other backs did.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

gotta reconcile this draft with the decision to bring in Josh Jacobs.  They are looking to do something much more physical in the run game.

Athletic OL create more clean 1 on 1 looks for the RB.  Josh Jacobs is a guy who beats you 1 on 1 and doesn't hate 1 on 2 like our other backs did.

Gonna be interesting for sure. Today, Walker is going generate more movement. Morgan is going to be quicker to the second level. They're probably about equal going laterally with Morgan having quicker feet and Walker with more upper body strength

12 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

Hes gonna be a guard boys and girls, at least at first.

Unless GB takes another early OT, Morgan will be competing with Walker before he's competing with Rhyan.

Edited by Mazrimiv