1.25 - Jordan Morgan [OT; Arizona]

9 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Is he good?

If he played for any other team, probably no. But he plays for the Packers. He'll be good. 

I don't even know how you guys do it. I'm jealous of your OL year in and year out. A parking cone could be a top 15 OL for your team it's that unfair. 

If he keeps Jordan Love clean, this rather boring pick will be cherished by you guys soon enough. 

That said, I hope Dallas Turner eats his lunch. 😎

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

This does suggest there was really something behind the report that the Packers genuinely think Zach Tom's long-term future is at center, since the one reason you would prefer Barton over Morgan is that Barton is a better center.  I think Morgan is a better Tackle and it's probably a wash at Guard.

It's possible that they view him as an OG that can play OT.

From my February 28th mock:

#25-  OT  Jordan Morgan  6'6" 320  Out of Arizona,  Swing to start then competing and pushing Walker.

#41-  LB  Payton Wilson   6'4"  238  NC State, Butkus award winner.  Injury red flag, but stayed healthy last year. 

#58-  S   Javon Bullard   5'10" 200   Georgia   Just got a feeling he is what we're looking for in a Safety,  can play a little slot.  Better pro than college

#88-  CB Max Melton   5'11"   190   Rutgers   wish he was a little more physical, but he can cover.  Raw talent for the CB room

#91-   IOL  Dom Puni    6'4"   320   Kansas   college OT but will be back up G/C for us.  Some Zach Tom vibes from him.

#127-  RB  Ray Davis   5'10"  215   Kentucky   was Mr. Everything for Kentucky, needs work on Pass Pro

I am Gute with this pick.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Rosser80 said:

co-signed. Learn the rest of the OL assignments while playing the easiest position along the OL, especially because run-blocking is a strength of his at the moment.

Other players tested better. Morgan looks smooth as hell moving in any direction. Plenty of guys test like him. How many run max speed and consistently smack their target? If MLF could, he have 5 Jordan Morgan running around out there taking souls.

Just now, Old Guy said:

Is this an indictment on Walker? Indictment might be a little strong. He was a 7th round pick and what we've gotten out of him is a lot for a 2nd year 7th round pick. 

Not really.  Maybe protection?  Right now, we've only got 2 OL that are guaranteed spots with Jenkins and Tom.  Walker probably has the LT spot until he gets unseated, and Myers probably has one of the other spots.  Rhyan or Morgan gets the other starting spot.

13 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I can’t believe I’m seeing people surprised in here the Packers took at OT early lol

Yeah I mean... well I guess the only thing making it a little different is that most of Gute's 1st picks have been defensive up until now.

But I don't know why people think this is bad.  Bakhtiari had to be replaced and we got plenty of room to address positions like ILB and CB (if needed) tomorrow.

Knowing Detroit has Aiden Hutchinson and the Vikings just drafted Turner, I'll take this.

Edited by LLcheesehead12

Just now, LLcheesehead12 said:

Yeah I mean... well I guess the only thing making it a little different is that most of Gute's picks have been defensive up until now.

But I don't know why people think this is bad.  Bakhtiari had to be replaced and we got plenty of room to address positions like ILB and CB (if needed) tomorrow.

Knowing Detroit has Aiden Hutchinson and the Vikings just drafted Turner, I'll take this.

The Packers didn't need an OT.

I think Morgan is immediately our swing tackle. We'll see what else Gute drafts, if Morgan impresses maybe Tom moves inside, otherwise I look for IOL in the third round.

#KeepLoveAlive.

Edited by Dubz41
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Not really.  Maybe protection?  Right now, we've only got 2 OL that are guaranteed spots with Jenkins and Tom.  Walker probably has the LT spot until he gets unseated, and Myers probably has one of the other spots.  Rhyan or Morgan gets the other starting spot.

I've been saying all along I wanted to come out of this draft with 3 O-linemen. Our depth was non-existent. It could actually work out where Morgan is on the bench and it's not an indictment on him as well. Rhyan is improving and I would actually say Tom, Jenkins and Myers spot are safe. 

Time will tell, but I'm going to trust the guy who handled the last two draft for us and had the foresight to grab Jordan Love. 

• Like 1

I actually like him watching the little I have vs UCLA and he has handled Laiatu Latu well (honestly haven't gone deep this draft), he looks really athletic, his feet look great and pass set and kick out is awesome, he's not a mauler but surprisingly is better at the run than I thought. Can't feel THAT bad at getting OL here after losing Bakh/Runyan. Competition with Walker, I'm on board.

• Like 1