1.25 - Jordan Morgan [OT; Arizona]

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm never mad about the Packers grabbing OL.  But unless the Packers are rostering 10+ OL, the number crunch will be there at some point.  You've got Walker, Jenkins, Myers, Morgan, and Tom as roster locks.  Rhyan seems likely to get one spot, and you have to imagine at least one of Caleb Jones or Luke Tenuta are likely grabbing at least one of these OL spots.  That puts us at 7 minimum.

We are adding two more OL in the draft.     It's going to be deep and spectacular and Love is going off for multiple MVP's.   

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Kampfgeist said:

My only criticism of the pick is that it's really a boring offseason to go to youtube and watch "highlights" of a OL.

Not when it's in the next few seasons and you're seeing him blocking in the Love led super bowl run highlights :) 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm never mad about the Packers grabbing OL.  But unless the Packers are rostering 10+ OL, the number crunch will be there at some point.  You've got Walker, Jenkins, Myers, Morgan, and Tom as roster locks.  Rhyan seems likely to get one spot, and you have to imagine at least one of Caleb Jones or Luke Tenuta are likely grabbing at least one of these OL spots.  That puts us at 7 minimum.

That is where I'm not sure. For two years they haven't been on the roster and nobody came poaching them from the practice squad. I just don't know if they are good enough to make the roster. 

If we don't draft 3 O-line, I'd rather grab a vet than trust Jones or Tenuta at this point. I notice you didn't mention Newman, which is good because I can't pay him 3 million to suck again. 

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Movement skills aren't the issue.  It's the alligator arms.  They're pretty much hoping he's Zach Tom 2.0.

He's basically at 33 inch arms. I don't think they'll be as big of a problem with his movement ability. Short arms are really only a problem if you're a stiff.

• Like 3

Just now, Old Guy said:

That is where I'm not sure. For two years they haven't been on the roster and nobody came poaching them from the practice squad. I just don't know if they are good enough to make the roster. 

If we don't draft 3 O-line, I'd rather grab a vet than trust Jones or Tenuta at this point. I notice you didn't mention Newman, which is good because I can't pay him 3 million to suck again. 

They weren't poached because they were on Green Bay's roster.  Green Bay has made it a point to protect them by keeping them on the roster.  I'd bet money at least one of them (if not both) are on Green Bay's 53 man roster come cutdown day.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

They weren't poached because they were on Green Bay's roster.  Green Bay has made it a point to protect them by keeping them on the roster.  I'd bet money at least one of them (if not both) are on Green Bay's 53 man roster come cutdown day.

Weren't they practice squad guys? Also, seems odd we have those two since we don't draft guys over 6'5 and they are both 6'8, 6'9. 

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Movement skills aren't the issue.  It's the alligator arms.  They're pretty much hoping he's Zach Tom 2.0.

Keep in mind he has a 81+ wing, same as Fautanu who has 34in arms. Two inches more than Graham who has same arm length. 

Morgan has big mits too.

• Like 4