2.58 - Javon Bullard [S; Georgia]

Love this pick! He was my #1 true S in the draft. 

This is going to work amazing for the defense the Packers want to run. They can basically come out and look like 2 deep and shift either way into single deep looks based on what the offense does. Either Bullard or McKinney can come down in the slot or play deep CF. It gives them more options to disguise their coverage and that creates an advantage.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Anything close to Collins would be wonderful

One of the biggest bummers in modern Packers history (his injury not his play). 

I also thought Collins ran a faster 40 than that.  Certainly played fast.

7 minutes ago, Haha21 said:

Bullard was my favorite pick we made this week. Super versatile and I great compliment to McKinney.

Yeah, guy has such a good feel for the defensive backfield.  Love seeing those players who understand both the physical realities of the game and the theoretical game behind it.  Physical side is stuff like man coverage, playing the ball, tackling.  Theoretical side is the understanding of angles, spacing, alignments, the patterns of leverage and vulnerability.  Bullard has the feel for space and the game behind the game mixed with the ability to come downhill like a freight train.