3.91 - Ty'Ron Hopper [LB ; Mizzou]

21 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The Packers have thresholds for a number of things, one of them I suspect is "ACLs- At least two." 

That's funny and fair.   That's the reason he was available at the end of the 3rd.   If going LB, I would have taken a chance on the talent regardless of future health concerns.

Very very cool if Hopper proves me wrong.    I'm cheering for that

Edited by Kampfgeist

15 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

To the people claiming he's only a ST pick... the dude can play ball. 2x 2nd team all SEC, athletic, sideline to sideline player.

Sure it was a bit of a reach but this roster desperately needed some LBers.

They have an idea for him for sure. 100% they like something about his game.

also, sometimes you need a sacrifice to the bust gods.

• Like 1

Fills out the LB room nicely. Man hits hard and can scrape it up with offensive linemen, sounds like he is slotted to be a special teams ace.

Favorite highlight is him shoving a OLman out of his way and making the tackle lol 1:17

A "Gotta keep Bisaccia happy" pick? Really a flippin head scratcher that high at #91. I mean, they might as well have coupled #91 with one of their higher Day 2 picks to trade up and secure a higher ranked player on their board. Maybe it will make more sense if they trade up high into the fourth round tomorrow with some of those 5th-7th round picks they have. Otherwise, Hopper at #91 just seems way too reachy. Now, as always, I hope Hopper lights the Special Teams world on fire and makes me eat crow!

He reminds me of old man Campbell in a young man's body a bit. Sometimes his feet look slow, sometimes he looks very slasher-type and gets home. He has put some pretty fluid coverage snaps on film, too. Most of all, he looks like a guy who will compete and we need competition in that room. 

There's value in that ILB 3/4 and ST ace role on this team and I think he can compete for it. 

• Like 1

couple of things on this guy- and not defending the pick or saying he's going to be all-pro

I think they want his body type (6' 1", 230ish) to play against modern versions of nfl spread offenses- you could argue they've been steadfastly looking for a guy that can both run a little and hit a little -it's why Josh Jones (a little lighter) and Oren Burks (a little taller) were brought in- and i know those guys didn't do it, but it doesn't mean you quit looking

I think they have a better 40 time on him

i think they want him for teams, and it's likely you will need a backup to play some snaps

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

He reminds me of old man Campbell in a young man's body a bit. Sometimes his feet look slow, sometimes he looks very slasher-type and gets home. He has put some pretty fluid coverage snaps on film, too. Most of all, he looks like a guy who will compete and we need competition in that room. 

There's value in that ILB 3/4 and ST ace role on this team and I think he can compete for it. 

I can't put a third round value on a st player. I just can't.

15 minutes ago, HyponGrey said:

I can't put a third round value on a st player. I just can't.

I don’t think you should assume the f/o does either.  A lot of talk about reaching, well every year there are guys that go earlier and later than the “consensus”. In quotes because the consensus is not of the people who actually make the picks but of the people who can just throw things at the wall to see what sticks with no real accountability for being wrong.

The guy could bust, he could become only a ST type player but after multiple visits it’s safe to say Gute, coach Hafley and coach Campanile see him as a guy who can contribute on defense.