3.91 - Ty'Ron Hopper [LB ; Mizzou]

Just now, thrILL! said:

I wonder if players research this kind of stuff beyond just picking their favorite numbers available.  “Who TF is Brad Jones?”

Wayne  Simmons and John Anderson are the #59 of significance 

2 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I wonder if players research this kind of stuff beyond just picking their favorite numbers available.  “Who TF is Brad Jones?”

Brad was in titletown last game I went to on stage with whatever band plays there.

Im for sure classified as a fanatic. Months worth of hours sunk into madden in the 2010s on franchise mode just staring at player photos.. couldnt place who this player was on stage.

Finally says his name. an audible "aaaah". Yeah, thats the pure STAR power 59 has behind it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Wayne  Simmons and John Anderson are the #59 of significance 

searched Wayne Simmons. 

"Buffalo Bills LB"

maybe if we gave him a real number he'd have a different team behind his name.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chili said:

Makes me feel like the Defensive Coordinator has it written into his contract that after the 2nd round he can choose 1 player in the draft he likes within the same tier. It could explain the strange picks under Barry such as Jean-Charles. Definitely not a Gute-like pick that one.

I'm assuming this is just you thinking (typing) out loud, and you don't actually believe this.  Speaking for myself, some of Gute's picks will never make sense.  The Hopper pick is probably one of those.  No need to overthink it.

In terms of "weird picks"  I wonder what percentages of the total number of picks you have is reasonable to just give to scouts for guys they absolutely love and have rated here.  Like if you have 10 picks, and do that 2 times is that too many?

This is one of those picks that I don't even know how you have a strong opinion of him coming in. 

He wasn't rated highly enough by Blesto coming into the year to have any significant hype behind him. Not because he wasn't damn good the year before, but because he never got on the field at Florida before the transfer. That meant that he wasn't in the predraft hype cycle so there wasn't a ton of YT film on him. 

Unless you were doing raw footage TV watches or have an in with somebody who has access to the all 22 film, what were you watching prior to the pick being made? 

3 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

searched Wayne Simmons. 

"Buffalo Bills LB"

maybe if we gave him a real number he'd have a different team behind his name.

Fritz Shurmur wants a word with you regarding Wayne Simmons. 

15 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

This is one of those picks that I don't even know how you have a strong opinion of him coming in. 

He wasn't rated highly enough by Blesto coming into the year to have any significant hype behind him. Not because he wasn't damn good the year before, but because he never got on the field at Florida before the transfer. That meant that he wasn't in the predraft hype cycle so there wasn't a ton of YT film on him. 

Unless you were doing raw footage TV watches or have an in with somebody who has access to the all 22 film, what were you watching prior to the pick being made? 

I mean the nice thing about big conference prospects is it all kind of spider webs right? You watch the 2020/2021 Bama/FSU/LSU/Georgia prospects and there he is. So you can always cutups of SEC guys. He wasn't on my radar until the Senior Bowl invite. Size/athletically Hopper is an NFL LB, but the guy really doesn't see it. He's got a lot of Oren Burks tape, run and chase is PRETTY, but the play to play inside the tackle stuff, well his last name suits him perfectly. 

My new favorite player, dude sounds like Andre three stacks.  He came up on a feed while I was lost in the Kendrick-Drake thing, and before I realized it was about football I got excited because I thought Andre had something to say lol.

On 5/5/2024 at 12:34 AM, oldmansmell said:

My new favorite player, dude sounds like Andre three stacks.  He came up on a feed while I was lost in the Kendrick-Drake thing, and before I realized it was about football I got excited because I thought Andre had something to say lol.

Man, Kendrick is slashing Drake up.

’dre is above that fray

4 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

The hope is that coaching better technique can help. But the poor agility grades at the combine are a concern. 

Gute's presser, what he liked was that he "stops people".  I certainly took that to read that he's a tackle-maker, not a tackle-misser.  Weird.  

I like the NBA.  One of the things that galls me is when a team drafts guy to be a 3-pt sniper; then he ends up being not good at the job he was drafted for.  Hope Hopper doesn't play as a guy drafted to be a tackle-maker who ends up not being good at that function.