Chargers sign Bud Dupree to 2 year deal

Xenos

Are they bulking Tuli up to be more of a 3-4 DT/DE instead of a Edge/LB type? Like he's been listed from combine and in NFL around 260ish, but I remember USC listed him at 290 once upon a time.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Are they bulking Tuli up to be more of a 3-4 DT/DE instead of an Edge/LB type? Like he's been listed from combine and in NFL around 260ish, but I remember USC listed him at 290 once upon a time.

No, I think Tuli is too important as an Edge to move to a DT role. Especially given Bosa’s injury history. Granted it was Staley’s defense but last year he had Tuli, Bosa, and Mack on the field at once which led to quite a few good sacks and pressures. Didn’t last long because of Bosa going in and out. But I can see Minter trying to replicate that package this year also.

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

I was not a fan of the KA13 trade for sentimental reasons. Hard to argue with the return the new regime has gotten, at least on paper. Adding pass rushing depth after the draft with left over capital isn’t a typical Chargers move. Usually we are awaiting our first IR victim this time of year. 

• Like 2

He was really disappointing in Tennessee, but I actually was hoping they'd restructure him to keep him when they offed him.  He's not worthless, he just wasn't worth near what the Titans were paying him.  This seems appropriate value.

On 5/11/2024 at 5:36 PM, kramxel said:

Bosa, Mack, Tuli and Bud is super nasty! 

Like it for all the reasons. 

for the 4 games theyll be healthy together. 

• Like 1

O.o well dang i thought for sure Bud would come back to Atl in a few weeks.  I thought he was going to be our fall back option that was a meh signing but better than nothing.    So im guessing these fools really are going to go into the season with  Ebeketie, trice, deangelo malone, and lorenzo carter as our edge rushers.   We are loaded at DT possibly the most stacked group at DT in the nfl but very very little at 3-4 lb edge rusher.

On 5/13/2024 at 9:26 AM, Daniel said:

He was really disappointing in Tennessee, but I actually was hoping they'd restructure him to keep him when they offed him.  He's not worthless, he just wasn't worth near what the Titans were paying him.  This seems appropriate value.

I felt like everyone knew that was a bad signing for Tennessee at the time.

• Like 1