Giants unveil "Century Red" uniforms

MikeT14

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

My first thoughts were that these were trash, but they are quickly growing on me. They're weird, but cool.

Instantly hated them. Then something about the warm beige of the pants and the sweater-like jersey roped me in.

• Like 3

I'm not often a "complain about how good a uniform looks" guy, but hot damn those are horrible. They may be the worst I've seen. Do not like even a little. 

Always fun how certain schemes and detailing work and don't work for different people though. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Duluther said:

Instantly hated them. Then something about the warm beige of the pants and the sweater-like jersey roped me in.

They're somewhat weirdly endearing, like a manufacturer error stuffed animal. No doubt the Giants and Nike knew that when they came up with them, but I appreciate them just rolling with the weirdness instead of dialing it back.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Packers to Keep Throwback Uniforms with Alterations - Acme Packing Company

Ranking the Eagles uniform combinations through the years

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Pittsburgh Steelers ditch "bumble bee" throwback jerseys for vintage '70s  gear - cleveland.com

Only singular reason I can not in good faith , Bash these horrific uniforms. 

Just another iteration that should never be worn again after this season.

Well my first thought was, “Cool! I could dig a red Giants uni. Century red…lemme see what this is about.”

My second thought, ad I viewed them: “Gross. They should have went with period stain red unis, as they’d be more appealing.”

They’re bad. 

• Like 1

It answered the question of what revitalizing those uniforms would look like, been kicked around uniform boards for a decade plus as an alt idea.

In practice it's a bit too much.

Simple fix...Go white pants, the vintage tan takes away. and ditch the blue collar

4r2RprJ.png

• Like 2