Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 28 - Week 15 Posted)

21 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

https://thekillernacho.blogspot.com/2013/01/nsfl-hall-of-fame.html

COMPENSATORY ROUND (Fri, July 26) [SELECT TWO!]

1. Wattsville Waste Walruses (8:00 AM) -
  2. Lake Minnewanka Ice Orcas (8:45 AM) [SELECT ONE!] -
  3. Hanoi Viet Kongs (9:30 AM) [SELECT ONE!] -
  4. Egypt Starfalls (10:15 AM) -
  5. Cambodia Humanoids (11:00 AM) -
  6. Phoenix Rubber Ducks (11:45 AM) -
  7. Freiburg Venom (12:30 PM) [SELECT ONE!] -
  8. Hamilton Hornets (1:15 PM) -
  9. Tombstone Outlaws (2:00 PM) -
  10. Rio de Janeiro Pirates (2:45 PM) [SELECT ONE!] -
  11. Indianapolis Predators (3:30 PM) -
  12. Little Rock Uni Royals (4:15 PM) [SELECT ONE!] -
  13. Wattsville Waste Walruses (5:00 PM) -
  14. Cambodia Humanoids (5:45 PM) -
  15. Tombstone Outlaws (6:30 PM) -
  16. Wattsville Waste Walruses (7:15 PM) [SELECT ONE!] -
  17. Tombstone Outlaws (8:00 PM) [SELECT ONE!] -

This proves my point 😉

• Like 1

19 hours ago, LAOJoe said:

It was for the blocking. Nothing more. Pancakes or not I saw a drastic improvement when I put him in.

Sometimes feels like folks put too much emphasis on quantifying value of individual stats and ignoring the overall unit.

• Like 2

Season schedule & dates added to the OP. A few notes:

• Week 1 will be Tuesday, July 30th. This means that any changes to your team identity or stadium settings MUST be made prior to noon on Monday!
  • Please note the delay of Week 3 due to an eye surgery I have scheduled for Wednesday August 7th. There may be further delays depending on how I'm feeling (if I can't look at a computer screen, I can't simulate the games obviously).
  • Due to the factors outside my control that delayed the start of this season, the NSFL will run into the NFL regular season for the first time. To avoid scheduling games on an NFL Sunday, the NSFL game days were moved to Tuesdays and Fridays (except for the playoffs which I decided to expedite a bit). Sorry about this!

Good luck, everyone!

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Sometimes feels like folks put too much emphasis on quantifying value of individual stats and ignoring the overall unit.

Although, in this conversation, the performance of the overall unit had declined significantly.

10 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Season schedule & dates added to the OP. A few notes:

• Week 1 will be Tuesday, July 30th. This means that any changes to your team identity or stadium settings MUST be made prior to noon on Monday!
  • Please note the delay of Week 3 due to an eye surgery I have scheduled for Wednesday August 7th. There may be further delays depending on how I'm feeling (if I can't look at a computer screen, I can't simulate the games obviously).
  • Due to the factors outside my control that delayed the start of this season, the NSFL will run into the NFL regular season for the first time. To avoid scheduling games on an NFL Sunday, the NSFL game days during this month were set to Monday and Thursday. Sorry about this!
  • Due to the aftermentioned lateness, I opted to consolidate the playoff schedule a bit.

Good luck, everyone!

If you make me lose on my birthday Nacho, I can’t ever forgive you 😆

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

But he inspired and rallied his team via motivation.

If Josh Oliver inspires your 4.6 YPC stud RB to run straight into the defensive line and fall immediately, get him as far away from my team as possible.

the idea of scheduling nsfl games on Tuesday / Friday exclusively (rather than every three days) may be a permanent thing after this season maybe (outside of avoiding NFL games, those are probably the most convenient days for me to post games with my current schedule). Although to do so I'd have to start winter seasons a bit earlier to compensate (after the real life Conference Championships), I think.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

when's your birthday?

I actually fiddled a bit more with the September scheduling since making this post lol

The 30th. You can’t  start my season off with a birthday loss. It’s inhumane 🤣

6 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

the idea of scheduling nsfl games on Tuesday / Friday exclusively (rather than every three days) may be a permanent thing after this season maybe (outside of avoiding NFL games, those are probably the most convenient days for me to post games with my current schedule). Although to do so I'd have to start winter seasons a bit earlier to compensate (after the real life Conference Championships), I think.

just an FYI, there is an NFL game sept 6

• Like 1

@Tk3 @Daboyle @RuskieTitan @ravens5520 @TOUCAN

@Scoundrel @Malfatron @Glen @bcb1213 @LAOJoe

@TL-TwoWinsAway @Pickle Rick@rackcs @adamq @Kingram

@EaglesPeteC @The Orca @RandyMossIsBoss @SirA1 @El Ramster

We're nearing the end of the draft - thanks to everyone for helping it run smoothly yet again! Please be advised that all picks you intend to use must be made prior to 11:00 PM ET tomorrow. Any starting positions still vacant on any team will be autodrafted at this time, and I will then move rosters back to the OP of this thread & normal first-come, first-serve free agency will open. 

I realized that I should've pinged the league when I announced the schedule being posted to avoid the information from getting paged, so I'll repeat my previous notes:

• Week 1 will be Tuesday, July 30th. This means that any changes to your team identity or stadium settings MUST be made prior to noon on Monday, July 29th!
  • Please note the delay of Week 3 due to an eye surgery I have scheduled for Wednesday August 7th. There may be further delays depending on how I'm feeling (if I can't look at a computer screen, I can't simulate games obviously).
  • Due to the factors outside my control that delayed the start of this season, the NSFL will run into the NFL regular season for the first time. To avoid scheduling games on an NFL Sunday, the NSFL game days in September were moved to Tuesdays and Fridays (except for the playoffs which I decided to expedite a bit). Sorry about this!

Good luck, everyone!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

just an FYI, there is an NFL game sept 6

Oh yeah, I forgot about that (damn greedy NFL!). But its a night game so its probably fine - I mainly wanted to avoid having to post or simulate games on an NFL Sunday.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I actually love this. But, really, whatever keeps you sane and this thing going is what we need to do.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

The 30th. You can’t  start my season off with a birthday loss. It’s inhumane 🤣

We can pressure nacho for early games so you can lose the day before

Edited by Malfatron