GDT Week 16 Vikings @ Packers

MNPackfan32

6 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Really?

On the season, Blake Martinez = 92.03% of defensive snap counts. Jake Ryan = 43.49%. Joe Thomas 11.19%.

Ryan plays half a dozen plays when we play a team that spreads it out, and a lot of snaps when we play a team like Dallas, Chicago or Minny who runs a lot. He's good at stopping the run so I don't see the issue there.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Ryan plays half a dozen plays when we play a team that spreads it out, and a lot of snaps when we play a team like Dallas, Chicago or Minny who runs a lot. He's good at stopping the run so I don't see the issue there.

I agree with you that Ryan is adequate against the run and would be fine as a backup to Martinez and an athletic, instinctive ILBer who can defend the pass.

But the stats, don't lie, he is not playing just half a dozen snaps against teams that spread it out and throw it. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RyanJa00/fantasy/2017

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Janis should get at least three deep balls in the second half.

I would have a heavy dose of Janis, Davis, and Clark these last two weeks.  We know what Allison is, and Jordy, Cobb, and Adams are established.  Empty the bench, at least for the players that may have a future.

I also like getting McCray more experience on the OL.  I think he has been playing admirably 

1 minute ago, TheOnlyThing said:

I agree with you that Ryan is adequate against the run and would be fine as a backup to Martinez and an athletic, instinctive ILBer who can defend the pass.

But the stats, don't lie, he is not playing just half a dozen snaps against teams that spread it out and throw it. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RyanJa00/fantasy/2017

Why does it matter? 

Archived