How Are Those Rookies Doing?

Chiefer

1 hour ago, BroncoSojia said:

I feel like we don't talk about Caleb the way we talk about Bo Nix despite the both of them having similar numbers:

No oem cares about bo nix he wasn’t a generational talent many thought he shouldn’t even have been a 1st round pick but more of a desperation pick by a desperate franchise 

2 hours ago, tyler735 said:
16 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Fuaga is the most impressive Saints rookie since Michael Thomas. 

I think Kamara was a more impressive rookie than Michael Thomas, but agreed that Fuaga has been awesome so far!

Don't forget Lattimore as well.  That draft really was bonkers...

#11-Lattimore (Stud)

#32-Ramzy (Stud before injury)

#42-Marcus Williams (was a stud not sure bout now)

#67-Kamara (stud)

#76-Anzalone (starter)

#103-Hendrickson (stud after dealing with injuries to start)

#196-Al-Quadin Muhammad (some dude that ended up having a 6 sack season with the Colts in '21 but out of the league now)

52 minutes ago, Raves said:

Don't forget Lattimore as well.  That draft really was bonkers...

#11-Lattimore (Stud)

#32-Ramzy (Stud before injury)

#42-Marcus Williams (was a stud not sure bout now)

#67-Kamara (stud)

#76-Anzalone (starter)

#103-Hendrickson (stud after dealing with injuries to start)

#196-Al-Quadin Muhammad (some dude that ended up having a 6 sack season with the Colts in '21 but out of the league now)

Yep that draft was insane. Only thing I’d add is Anzalone is an absolute stud. Too bad injuries never allowed him to get things figured out with the Saints. He’s been excellent for the Lions.

11 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Yep that draft was insane. Only thing I’d add is Anzalone is an absolute stud. Too bad injuries never allowed him to get things figured out with the Saints. He’s been excellent for the Lions.

I remember hearing some mixed comments from Lions fans for Anzalone, but yeah I thought he had a chance to be a stud too if he was healthy, I mean he was really good when he was, he just never was, same with Hendrickson for 90% of his time with the Saints.

7 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Malik Nabers is a stud. Currently 4th in the NFL in receiving yards and tied for 2nd in receptions. Added his 1st career touchdown this week.

3rd round rookie CB Andru Phillips out of Kentucky is also a stud. He only had 16 snaps week 1 and looked amazing, so it was curious why he didn't play more. He finally played more this week and was phenomenal, both in coverage and against the run. Had a sack and multiple TFLs this week. He was our 2nd best player after Dexter Lawrence (unfortunately, then there is a MASSIVE dropoff. Okereke, Burns, Kayvon have been invisible).

Tyler Nubin so far has been good, Theo Johnson has been fine. Nothing really to write home about with anyone else so far. But the Giants haven't had an actual hit in the 3rd round since Mario Manningham. Phillips being a standout already is huge. Funnily enough, we know not to even give any credit to the FO for that pick, since they lucked into him by the virtue of Lassiter and Kool-Aid getting picked right before their pick in the 2nd (thanks Hard Knocks).

Side note, no team is ever going to do that type of Hard Knocks again. When Schoen gets fired in a few months, those clips are going to haunt him forever.

Your rookie linebacker had an interception last week.

9 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Malik Nabers is a stud. Currently 4th in the NFL in receiving yards and tied for 2nd in receptions. Added his 1st career touchdown this week.

3rd round rookie CB Andru Phillips out of Kentucky is also a stud. He only had 16 snaps week 1 and looked amazing, so it was curious why he didn't play more. He finally played more this week and was phenomenal, both in coverage and against the run. Had a sack and multiple TFLs this week. He was our 2nd best player after Dexter Lawrence (unfortunately, then there is a MASSIVE dropoff. Okereke, Burns, Kayvon have been invisible).

Tyler Nubin so far has been good, Theo Johnson has been fine. Nothing really to write home about with anyone else so far. But the Giants haven't had an actual hit in the 3rd round since Mario Manningham. Phillips being a standout already is huge. Funnily enough, we know not to even give any credit to the FO for that pick, since they lucked into him by the virtue of Lassiter and Kool-Aid getting picked right before their pick in the 2nd (thanks Hard Knocks).

Side note, no team is ever going to do that type of Hard Knocks again. When Schoen gets fired in a few months, those clips are going to haunt him forever.

Let me nitpick Theo Johnson. He's been fine insofar as he starts over the disappointing Bellinger, but he has not done anything.

I can't say anything about Nubin in particular. Our defense has been a pile of crap and I don't recall him making any good plays.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, e16bball said:

It was a pretty grim day for most of the Washington rookies. Newton didn’t play again, Sainristil got beat for a TD, Sinnott had a false start inside the 5 yard line, and Coleman got beat badly by Thibodeaux a couple times before limping off.

With that said, I personally do not think Jayden was just “meh.” You see the traits that they loved: smart, accurate, quick processor, ball protector, and special legs. Completing 75% of his passes out of the gate, and while the air yards are going to be very low, you can absolutely make do with 7.7 Y/A. No turnovers so far, and he’s also going to have more rushing yards than any QB in history through 2 weeks of his rookie year. 

They scored on all 7 of their drives today, which speaks to the level of consistency we’re talking about here. And he led the game-winning drive, including a big throw to Noah Brown and a big run of his own. It might not be an A+, but it’s hard not to be pretty satisfied so far.

Pretty sure Newton played dude

2 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Let me nitpick Theo Johnson. He's been fine insofar as he starts over the disappointing Bellinger, but he has not done anything.

I can't say anything about Nubin in particular. Our defense has been a pile of crap and I don't recall him making any good plays.

Yeah, fair enough. Theo does do the little things well, but I don't blame anyone for having a bit of a sour taste in their mouth from week 1 about him. He only had 2 catchable targets, and he dropped one of them.