How Are Those Rookies Doing?

Chiefer

3 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I wanted to point out.

Washington is starting rookie LT Brandon Coleman who we got in the 3rd Rd.

Seems to be doing well. Hopefully, that continues.

Lucas and Coleman are rotating. Lucas is the starter and Coleman has struggled quite a bit when they've rotated him in. He doesn't appear to be ready or the injury he sustained is really bothering him. 

For those who are older like myself?

I personally believe the best comparison of QB Jayden Daniels, is QB Randall Cunningham. (For those that saw him play)

Both are the exact same size at 6'4 ,215.

Both can throw & run.

Obviously, that's going back 40 years ago. So the development of players is way different now, then it was then. 

I mean, Jayden uses 3D virtual reality headgear to react to play call moments. So the technology for players to use now, just wasn't available then.

But as a player comp?

They're very similar in how they play the game. 

If you've never seen Randall Cunningham play, here are some highlights from way back then to visualize.

They're not exact, but they are eerily similar.

40 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I personally believe the best comparison of QB Jayden Daniels, is QB Randall Cunningham. (For those that saw him play)

Both can throw & run.

Obviously, that's going back 40 years ago. So the development of players is way different now, then it was then. 

I mean, Jayden uses 3D virtual reality headgear to react to play call moments. So the technology for players to use now, just wasn't available then.

But as a player comp?

If you've never seen Randall Cunningham play, here are some highlights from way back then to visualize.

That’s funny you say this. Because there’s more Cunningham in Caleb’s game IMO. Jayden plays like Russ/RG3 clone. 

I would be ecstatic if he has the career Russ had. But Caleb’s mobility inside the pocket is disgustingly good. 

52 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Both can throw & run.

But as a player comp?

Jayden reminded me of 2017 Carson Wentz on Monday night. Im talking before he went insane and played a dangerous level of hero ball. Daniels was creating plays himself at an insanely impressive level, and he was doing it without inviting unnecessary contact.