How Are Those Rookies Doing?

Chiefer

10 hours ago, Chiefer said:

he making the team for sure

Also, Carson Steele has to be the most Fullback name ever. His nickname is Crocodile lmao

Doesn't he also have a pet crocodile? Or rather, it might be an alligator.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Maybe, but that rush wasn't that impressive TBH. The pocket was blown up by Buckner at DT and the QB was dropping down due to him.

That’s why I really like the pick. He’s going to make it easier for Buckner, Kwity Paye and the rest of the DL.

How it looks for the 49ers after preseason: 

1. Ricky Pearsall, WR

I think he's had nearly as many injuries as practices attended. So far this pick has a very busty feel to it. 

The problem is that while the  injury isn't "serious", it's recurring. And that's problematic. He's basically got a partially dislocated shoulder. He had it in college and now has had a couple instances of it recurring since being drafted it appears. Based on the talk about the injury, doesn't sound like he'll be an IR candidate which is extremely important to me, but if this is going to be something that pops up from time to time, I'm not happy. 

It's kind of wild to think that they waited 3 years to make a pick and took a guy that they knew had this shoulder problem who was already perceived as a slight reach (and I say that as someone who didn't have much of a problem with the pick). 

When he did practice, the reports were that he was struggling to get separation (especially against press), but had make several tough catches. He just seems like a dude who is going to be a slot / flanker. If he can stay healthy, I am still a fan of him as a player and his ability to create out of those positions. He'd be a good fit with Aiyuk moving forward if that is what ultimately comes to pass and Aiyuk re-signs. 

2. Renardo Green, CB 

I think that Green was an even bigger reach than Pearsall, but I get why the niners liked him. It's always hard to gauge corners  in preseason in camp. He had a promising camp and I didn't think he was overwhelmed when lined up across from Chris Olave against the Saints a few times. He's been working in / out. I think he probably opens as the backup slot / cb4 or 5. He's very aggressive and I think that'll get him in trouble early on. He wasn't great last night, with a notable bad series late in the first half, I think. 

3. Dominic Puni, OG

Won the starting RG gig. Looked great against the Saints. Thought his awareness in particular really popped. There was one play where he accidentally stepped on Mckivitiz's foot, the tackle got beat to the outside so Puni checked his lane and then peeled around outside of mckivitz to make sure the edge rusher didn't get there. He also had another play where the saints ran a twist, brendel got knocked to the ground giving a free rushing lane and he disengaged from his defender just enough to throw an extra blocker at the free rusher to keep Purdy from getting hit. His movement skills are very clear as well. 

Now, it should be noted that as a fan of a team that has lost two super bowls in no small part due to the play of the RG late in the game my bar is probably not the highest, but I'm excited. 

4. Malik Mustapha, S

A Nate Tice favorite, he's been getting a lot of love in the preseason because he has had some big plays / hits. Fans always love those guys. But frankly, I'm lukewarm so far. Look, he's a 4th round pick and he shouldn't be expected to be ready to come in and start, and he's not. He's a project. When he comes down hill and fills a run late and makes a stick (see Titans game), that means nothing to me. That was on his college tape. Like, that's what we knew he could do. But he misses a lot of tackles (the Saints game was particularly bad) and his coverage ability isn't quite there. He got cooked on a route against Tennessee (ended up being incomplete because tight end couldn't stay in bounds), had a defensive holding penalty yesterday (declined).

Ultimately, I think he's definitely a core special teamer type, which is fine in round 4. Whatever. If you make it through your contract, that's fine. But he needs to stay off the field this year. Develop some control when breaking on ball carriers and working on his coverage. My hope is that he can follow the Hufanga path - special teams year one, moves into the starter role in year 2 with a more established, sound and better safety. I think Mustapha could be a solid box safety, but I think the upside is capped here. If he ends up being a starter even as a box safety, that's a huge win. I just think that this is a guy who is what he is. 

5. Isaac Guerendo - 

Wasn't a huge fan of the pick overall, and shockingly, a guy with a history of serious hamstring injuries got injured in the very first practice with....what do you think? I'm nice, so i'll give you a multiple choice shot here: 

a) Torn Scrotum

b) Hamstring Injury

c) Ear infection

If you said torn scrotum, we can't be friends. But yes, it was a hamstring injury. So he missed most of camp. Finally got back this week for practice and played last night. Had a huge kickoff return, which was nice. Figured at least he could be a competent returner in this new kickoff structure and I think that will hold up. Otherwise, sort of a bleh night in terms actually running the football. I don't think that he's got great vision and he is a very upright runner. But he has the speed and explosion. Point the gun, the bullet goes. Guerendo is the bullet. He can be fine in this running system. He's probably not going to get you all yards and whatnot that a more creative runner will find, but if you give him the run blocking, he has a chance at being explosive. I do like that he's decent in pass pro and I thought  he looked fine catching the ball

6. Jacob Cowing, WR - 

Very promising preseason. Was hurt for the start of camp, played in the last two preseason games. He's very small / fast, adept at creating separation (something he was very good at in college as well). His size is probably going to keep him from being a prominent contributor and target hog / route participator, however I can definitely see this dude being Kyle's new Taylor Gabriel. I know that doesn't sound like much, but Gabriel was very effective with Shanny in the two years they were together. 36 / 600 the first year they were together (only 1 td, but the given the style, that was probably bad luck), 35 / 580 / 5 the second year they were together. 

Cowing' preseason had 50 routes, 8 targets, 7 catches, 90 yards and a td. He also ran the ball once or twice. This is one of those guys that could be a very nice niche contributor similar to a guy like Jennings, but just in a different way. 

I really wish the niners would have given him a bigger opportunity in the preseason to go up against better players though. 

7. Jarrett Kingston, OG

The offensive line is bad enough that I wouldn't be surprised if he makes the roster, but I think he's likely practice squad bound. He had a pretty good pre-season (grading on a curve for the opponents he was matched against). He only gave up 2 pressures in almost 90 dropbacks. That's a pretty strong showing. The run game will require a little work. He'll need a stronger drive. He got caught being a little slow on a pull yesterday and Guerendo got buried for a six yard loss. 

He's a short shuttle guy which makes him a  very interesting guy moving forward. If you know, you know. Given how good the results have been for the 4.47 SS crowd, I don't want to discount him just because he's a late round pick. 

8. Tatum Bethune, LB

Okay, he's a lot of fun. Great instincts. But the physical tools just aren't there. As another member of the 49er forum said - there's just no physical juice there. I don't think he can hang at the NFL level because of that, which is really a shame because he really does see the field well. Could be a core special teamer guy moving forward which would be nice. Seems like a good fit. Try hard guy. Lots of energy. Good awareness. 

Notable UDFA's

Cody Schrader, RB  - He's just not good. He's small and slow with no physical ability. Good college running back. Shouldn't make the PS. It was funny to see the twitterverse be very excited about him during camp and then see him and be like, "yep, nope". 

Drake Nugent, C - He'll make the PS. Daniel Jeremiah's highest rated player not draft, I believe (Jeremiah had him at like 120). Decent preseason, but probably played even worse competition than Kingston though as the Kingston was sometimes second in at guard. He gave up only 1 pressure in 60 drop backs. He's not quite a SS guy, but he's close to that figure. Probably a slightly longer term project, but I feel like there's an okay chance that in like 3 years he's a backup on the 53. 

Evan Anderson, DT - He's a run stuffing DT type. Big body. He actually had a nice game last night in terms of pushing hte pocket and creating pressures, but that's not really his bag. He's a lock for the PS (if for no other reason than the amount of guaranteed money they gave him). He probably has a decent shot at the roster in future seasons as he gets stronger.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Forge said:

How it looks for the 49ers after preseason: 

1. Ricky Pearsall, WR

I think he's had nearly as many injuries as practices attended. So far this pick has a very busty feel to it. 

The problem is that while the  injury isn't "serious", it's recurring. And that's problematic. He's basically got a partially dislocated shoulder. He had it in college and now has had a couple instances of it recurring since being drafted it appears. Based on the talk about the injury, doesn't sound like he'll be an IR candidate which is extremely important to me, but if this is going to be something that pops up from time to time, I'm not happy. 

It's kind of wild to think that they waited 3 years to make a pick and took a guy that they knew had this shoulder problem who was already perceived as a slight reach (and I say that as someone who didn't have much of a problem with the pick). 

When he did practice, the reports were that he was struggling to get separation (especially against press), but had make several tough catches. He just seems like a dude who is going to be a slot / flanker. If he can stay healthy, I am still a fan of him as a player and his ability to create out of those positions. He'd be a good fit with Aiyuk moving forward if that is what ultimately comes to pass and Aiyuk re-signs. 

2. Renardo Green, CB 

I think that Green was an even bigger reach than Pearsall, but I get why the niners liked him. It's always hard to gauge corners  in preseason in camp. He had a promising camp and I didn't think he was overwhelmed when lined up across from Chris Olave against the Saints a few times. He's been working in / out. I think he probably opens as the backup slot / cb4 or 5. He's very aggressive and I think that'll get him in trouble early on. He wasn't great last night, with a notable bad series late in the first half, I think. 

3. Dominic Puni, OG

Won the starting RG gig. Looked great against the Saints. Thought his awareness in particular really popped. There was one play where he accidentally stepped on Mckivitiz's foot, the tackle got beat to the outside so Puni checked his lane and then peeled around outside of mckivitz to make sure the edge rusher didn't get there. He also had another play where the saints ran a twist, brendel got knocked to the ground giving a free rushing lane and he disengaged from his defender just enough to throw an extra blocker at the free rusher to keep Purdy from getting hit. His movement skills are very clear as well. 

Now, it should be noted that as a fan of a team that has lost two super bowls in no small part due to the play of the RG late in the game my bar is probably not the highest, but I'm excited. 

4. Malik Mustapha, S

A Nate Tice favorite, he's been getting a lot of love in the preseason because he has had some big plays / hits. Fans always love those guys. But frankly, I'm lukewarm so far. Look, he's a 4th round pick and he shouldn't be expected to be ready to come in and start, and he's not. He's a project. When he comes down hill and fills a run late and makes a stick (see Titans game), that means nothing to me. That was on his college tape. Like, that's what we knew he could do. But he misses a lot of tackles (the Saints game was particularly bad) and his coverage ability isn't quite there. He got cooked on a route against Tennessee (ended up being incomplete because tight end couldn't stay in bounds), had a defensive holding penalty yesterday (declined).

Ultimately, I think he's definitely a core special teamer type, which is fine in round 4. Whatever. If you make it through your contract, that's fine. But he needs to stay off the field this year. Develop some control when breaking on ball carriers and working on his coverage. My hope is that he can follow the Hufanga path - special teams year one, moves into the starter role in year 2 with a more established, sound and better safety. I think Mustapha could be a solid box safety, but I think the upside is capped here. If he ends up being a starter even as a box safety, that's a huge win. I just think that this is a guy who is what he is. 

5. Isaac Guerendo - 

Wasn't a huge fan of the pick overall, and shockingly, a guy with a history of serious hamstring injuries got injured in the very first practice with....what do you think? I'm nice, so i'll give you a multiple choice shot here: 

a) Torn Scrotum

b) Hamstring Injury

c) Ear infection

If you said torn scrotum, we can't be friends. But yes, it was a hamstring injury. So he missed most of camp. Finally got back this week for practice and played last night. Had a huge kickoff return, which was nice. Figured at least he could be a competent returner in this new kickoff structure and I think that will hold up. Otherwise, sort of a bleh night in terms actually running the football. I don't think that he's got great vision and he is a very upright runner. But he has the speed and explosion. Point the gun, the bullet goes. Guerendo is the bullet. He can be fine in this running system. He's probably not going to get you all yards and whatnot that a more creative runner will find, but if you give him the run blocking, he has a chance at being explosive. I do like that he's decent in pass pro and I thought  he looked fine catching the ball

6. Jacob Cowing, WR - 

Very promising preseason. Was hurt for the start of camp, played in the last two preseason games. He's very small / fast, adept at creating separation (something he was very good at in college as well). His size is probably going to keep him from being a prominent contributor and target hog / route participator, however I can definitely see this dude being Kyle's new Taylor Gabriel. I know that doesn't sound like much, but Gabriel was very effective with Shanny in the two years they were together. 36 / 600 the first year they were together (only 1 td, but the given the style, that was probably bad luck), 35 / 580 / 5 the second year they were together. 

Cowing' preseason had 50 routes, 8 targets, 7 catches, 90 yards and a td. He also ran the ball once or twice. This is one of those guys that could be a very nice niche contributor similar to a guy like Jennings, but just in a different way. 

I really wish the niners would have given him a bigger opportunity in the preseason to go up against better players though. 

7. Jarrett Kingston, OG

The offensive line is bad enough that I wouldn't be surprised if he makes the roster, but I think he's likely practice squad bound. He had a pretty good pre-season (grading on a curve for the opponents he was matched against). He only gave up 2 pressures in almost 90 dropbacks. That's a pretty strong showing. The run game will require a little work. He'll need a stronger drive. He got caught being a little slow on a pull yesterday and Guerendo got buried for a six yard loss. 

He's a short shuttle guy which makes him a  very interesting guy moving forward. If you know, you know. Given how good the results have been for the 4.47 SS crowd, I don't want to discount him just because he's a late round pick. 

8. Tatum Bethune, LB

Okay, he's a lot of fun. Great instincts. But the physical tools just aren't there. As another member of the 49er forum said - there's just no physical juice there. I don't think he can hang at the NFL level because of that, which is really a shame because he really does see the field well. Could be a core special teamer guy moving forward which would be nice. Seems like a good fit. Try hard guy. Lots of energy. Good awareness. 

Notable UDFA's

Cody Schrader, RB  - He's just not good. He's small and slow with no physical ability. Good college running back. Shouldn't make the PS. It was funny to see the twitterverse be very excited about him during camp and then see him and be like, "yep, nope". 

Drake Nugent, C - He'll make the PS. Daniel Jeremiah's highest rated player not draft, I believe (Jeremiah had him at like 120). Decent preseason, but probably played even worse competition than Kingston though as the Kingston was sometimes second in at guard. He gave up only 1 pressure in 60 drop backs. He's not quite a SS guy, but he's close to that figure. Probably a slightly longer term project, but I feel like there's an okay chance that in like 3 years he's a backup on the 53. 

Evan Anderson, DT - He's a run stuffing DT type. Big body. He actually had a nice game last night in terms of pushing hte pocket and creating pressures, but that's not really his bag. He's a lock for the PS (if for no other reason than the amount of guaranteed money they gave him). He probably has a decent shot at the roster in future seasons as he gets stronger.

I said torn scrotum 

• Like 3

Update for the Pats.

1. Drake Maye, QB: Touted as a raw QB prospect, plenty thought he should/will sit his rookie year and learn the game, re-tool his mechanics, and comeback for Year 2. His early camp days certainly went along as advertised - some flash plays, followed by some rookie mistakes. A few of those days strung together, and then you had some really dumb comments about Joe Milton being QB1. 

As camp’s progressed, Maye’s gotten better. And while I do think Brissett eventually starts the season (basing this on how reps have gone in camp), Maye’s definitely honing in with one preseason game to go. Maye taking the starting job is going to happen sooner than later, IMO. Coach speak aside, Maye’s really beginning to tighten things up and it won’t be long before he sees the field. 

2. Ja’Lynn Polk, WR: Maybe the most steady performer among the pass catchers. The team likes what he brings to the table at every level, and they really like his ability attacking the ball. Ball skills are probably the best thing he’s advertised, and he’s worked his way into starting reps. Kendrick Bourne’s almost definitely starting the year on PUP, if not IR, and Polk’s poised to be getting plenty of action early in the season. 

3. Caedan Wallace, OT: Before talking about Wallace, it’s important, I think, to give a brief overview of NE’s negligent at best and incompetent at worst approach to the OL.

Last year’s OL had decent players. David Andrews is a solid center. Sidy Sow had a solid rookie season at guard. Michael Onwenu is a good guard, and a good RT. Trent Brown, when he was on the field, was a starting caliber LT. And yet the team found itself last in the league at PBWR, and any Pats fan will tell you the line was an absolute bane for the offense. The offseason rolls around, Trent is jettisoned, the tackle market is pretty dry, and now-third year starter Cole Strange (bust) is looking to miss significant time. Onwenu is signed to a big deal, called “the best tackle on the market” by de facto GM Eliot Wolf, Steelers castoff Chuks Okorafor is signed (RT), but there are still serious holes along the line that was already in bad shape. 

In comes Wallace. A college RT, being advertised (by the FO) as a potential LT. Camp rolls around, Wallace gets some first team reps at LT…and then doesn’t. A couple rotations later, Onwenu is stuck at guard, Okorafor is taking the first team RT reps, and last year’s backup…Vederian Lowe…is the team’s starting LT. Wallace wasn’t able to beat out a series of backup quality tackles on either side. Not much has really been said that much about him throughout camp, typical rookie ups and downs, but the coaching staff apparently doesn’t even have him as the third T.

Lowe’s since gotten injured. Onwenu’s went back to RT (where he belongs, IMO), and Okorafor’s taken over at LT. So cliff notes: NE’s o-line is bad, and Wallace wasn’t able to get to the first team (so far) even with an injury to a starter. It’s early for him, but brutal start.

4. Layden Robinson, G: See above for context, but with Onwenu sliding out to RT from RG, Robinson has stepped in. His second half of camp has been steady and the coaching staff seems to be comfortable with him in the starting rotation. His level of play at guard (through camp) is what Pats fans were hoping for Wallace’s level of play at tackle. 

5. Javon Baker, WR: A favorite for many, Baker came on strong early making plays downfield, but his second half of camp has been much more inconsistent. He seems to make a nice catch down the sideline, and then drop another that he really should have come down with. His downfield ability is there, he just needs to be much more consistent than he’s been if he wants to get on the field. I don’t think he’s poised for getting too many snaps this season, even with Bourne out for a while. 

6. Marcellas Dial, CB: Looks like a practice squad guy for now. NE’s bottom half of the depth chart is filled with younger guys that the team wants to develop (Alex Austin, Marco Wilson, Shaun Wade, Isaiah Bolden) behind the starters (Christian Gonzalez, Jon Jones, Marcus Jones), and Dial hasn’t done anything to separate himself from that group. If anything, I think he finds himself in the back of that group.

7. Joe Milton, QB: One comment from a Pats sideline guy led to a small fire (pushed by Cowherd, and those less than informed) that Milton has a real chance at being QB1. This was despite Milton receiving almost zero 11-on-11 reps, and not even getting on field with the full second team (let alone first). He hadn’t even separated himself from Zappe, and that’s with the team all but stating “we’re moving on from Bailey Zappe”. 

That said, Milton’s a guy I think the team wants to keep around, and it doesn’t seem likely at this point they’ll even risk throwing him on the practice squad. He’s raw, significantly more raw than Maye, but he’s got a big arm + legs, so the team has to see if there’s something there. At worst, you can throw him into a game where the starter goes down, or that’s either already won/lost, and he can show something new to a defense. 

8. Jaheim Bell, TE: I loved Bell as a developmental prospect and I was stoked NE landed him in round 7. Unfortunately but predictably, he didn’t really crack many lineups, and his understanding of the professional game has a ways to go. He’s decisively behind TE2 Austin Hooper, but has a small chance at sticking as TE3 with his versatility. Otherwise he’s a guy the team will hope doesn’t get stolen on the PS.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Forge said:

If you said torn scrotum, we can't be friends.

Like... In context of your post or in general conversation? Because I've actually said torn scrotum a few times this month.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Like... In context of your post or in general conversation? Because I've actually said torn scrotum a few times this month.

No, general conversation is definitely fine. 

I can barely go more than a couple of days without referring to @Malfatron as a torn scrotum in general conversation

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Forge said:

5. Isaac Guerendo - 

a) Torn Scrotum

b) Hamstring Injury

c) Ear infection

I blended them all into saying he tore his infected scrotum.

• Like 1

A couple UDFA rookies for the Jets shined this preseason. Leonard Taylor at DT looked dominant at times, have to think the JEts figure a way to keep him. Braiden McGregor at DE looked good too.

Overall Jets rookie class looks promising. Olu Fashanu is going to start off as a swing tackle because we have Tyron Smith. But he has looked really good when he was playing. Very natural LT and he played RT and looked good too. Jets probably found their long term starter at LT with him. He is soaking up all the knowledge from Tyron Smith. 

The Jets really like their 2 rookie RBs. And they love Stiggers at CB and think he might be a future starter. 

• Like 1

Brian Thomas is gonna be a good wr.

Maason Smith is definitely showing his potential and has been the best IDL pass rush in terms of win rates.

Jarrian Jones is making the roster but haven't really noticed him in games.

Foster is looking like a RT backup. Could allow Harrison to move to LT next year if we don't address LT with Cam Robinson and Walker Little as free agents.

Jefferson has played decent.  Looks the part of a rotation run stopper.

Prince I haven't noticed in game.  Probably makes the roster or PS based on his tools.

Kielen Robinson has been hurt for camp.  Was drafted primarily for return abilities and special teams and honestly jags have 2-3 options at returner that seem really good in duvernay, bigsby and Washington.

Cam little has a Cannon for a leg.  Pretty accurate as well. 

Myles Cole looks the part of a solid rotation end guy.   Has more potential then what a normal 7th round pick based on his physical tools.

On 8/22/2024 at 10:38 AM, AP_allday2869 said:

K Will Reichard- He is an absolute machine. He just went 8/8 in practice again and has only missed two kicks all preseason, and both were in the same practice. He will be a top 5 kicker this year, and will finally break our kicking curse. 

against the Iggles he was 6 for 6, making two extra points and four field goals, one from 57 yards that cleared the bar with room to spare.

• Like 1

3 pre-season games in...

1.25 - Jordan Morgan [OT/OG; Arizona] - Was slated to be the swing tackle but was eventually given a chance to win the starting RG spot opposite of Elgton Jenkins.   He was on pace to win the starting RG spot, but a shoulder injury limited his availability and listening to LaFleur's comments a rotation seems in order with Sean Rhyan who split the RG spot late in the season with Jon Runyan.  Figures to be the starting RG sooner rather than later.

2.45 - Edgerin Cooper [LB; Texas A&M] - Pretty much what he was in college, but he's struggled with injuries.  The athleticism is obvious but the game needs to slow down a bit for him.  If he can get healthy, he likely ends up as a starting LBer sooner rather than later.

2.48 - Javon Bullard [S/NB; Georgia] - Probably the best rookie in camp.  He's probably the starter opposite of Xavier McKinney, and should play a significant amount of snaps immediately.  He's shown a nose for the ball in college and that's translated into the NFL.

3.88 - Marshawn Lloyd [RB; USC] - Pretty much showed the same things at USC.  Showed a lot of natural talent at RB, but also some red flags with fumbles.  Currently dealing with injury, and probably starts the year on the IR.

3.91 - Tyron Hopper [LB; Missouri] - Probably ends up playing a lot of ST as he's buried on the depth chart by a bunch of veterans and Cooper.  Potentially a Y2 starter, but he's shown some growth in the preseason.

4.111 - Evan Williams [S; Oregon] - If it weren't for Bullard, Evan Williams probably would be the star of the rookie class.  He's played really well in camp and the preseason and figures to be S3 when the Packers opt for a 3 safety look.  He also offers flexibility that they can use Bullard as a nickel back.

5.163 - Jacob Monk [IOL; Duke] - Looked wildly out of his comfort zone early in the year but has shown substantial growth.  Probably needs a year in the S&C room but a potentially Y2 starter at C or OG.

5.169 - Kitan Oladpo [S; Oregon State] - Missed most of the early part of camp and practice recovering from injury.  Hasn't really looked strong or poor, and probably due to the depth of the safety room will probably be a healthy scratch most weeks.

6.202 - Travis Glover [OT; Georgia State] - Big guy but clearly not even remotely close to ready.  Probably a borderline 53 man roster guy, but pretty safely a PS candidate.

7.245 - Michael Pratt [QB; Tulane] - Was overall solid for a 7th round QB, but him being a legitimate 53 man roster guy speaks more to the QB room behind Jordan Love than Pratt himself.

7.255 - Kalen King [CB; Penn State] - Showed a lot of the hype that had him as a potential Day 1 pick going into last season, but also the struggles he had.  Might make the 53 man as a developmental guy, but will happily be added to the PS.

On 8/23/2024 at 8:00 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

Maye - started out pretty rough, victim of a horrific OL, but it’s clicked somehow and he’s in the discussion to start now

Robinson - elevated to potential starter already. Is that more a comment on the state of the starting OL? Probably 

Wallace - meh

Dial - sucks 

Polk - he’s working with the firsts, I think he’ll be a starter day 1. Most of his catches have been on short or inters, but he’s hauled in a few impressive shots too

Baker - inconsistent. He’s made some big plays but also was responsible for big drops. He’s proving why he was a 4th rnd pick and not a 2nd. He’s got all the tools but is streaky

Update on this:

Javon Baker can’t catch the football. 

• Like 1