Browns QB Deshaun Watson Has New Charges Brought From Alleged Oct. 2020 Assault

6 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

I remember hearing something about this awhile ago and saying that if the browns ownership was anywhere near competent adult level they would hire someone to frame this so they could escape this contract.

It’s entirely possible that ownership is still committed to him despite all of this.  Crazier things have happened under other owners :cough Dan Snyder cough: 

I’m extremely disappointed that this is only a civil case as opposed to a criminal one, but I’d wager a few years later and the lack of physical evidence would have made a conviction downright impossible, which is an absolute shame on a human level if these disturbing allegations are remotely true, which you’ll have an impossible time convincing me that they aren’t true.

From a football perspective, at least he should be put on the commissioner exempt list immediately.

Hopefully this voids the contract for Watson and hopefully the Browns have to eat 100% of the dead cap that they’ve created to date, and then it becomes a termination of cause for the contract, effectively ending on the date of ________.

I’ve been very outspoken about my stances on this issue for years now and hopefully justice is served and it’s a shame that prison time isn’t on the table. At the very least, it would be nice to see Watson drained of everything financially.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, DawgX said:

Us Browns fans have suffered enough! lol

You guys made the playoffs last year. There’s definitely more suffering to be had 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Early returns is that this Texans' team might be the best team in franchise history, too. Dynasty? Definitely don't know about that, but certainly a competitor.

You'll lose to the 'vens in the divisonal round again and like it

9 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Browns should cut him and still be forced to pay out his contract, but split among his victims instead. They shouldn't have a "get out of jail free" card for that contract. Not like they're unaware of who/what he was.

This is where I am at. The browns signed watson's knowing all of the baggage and drama coming with him. They're gonna potentially get out of his contract based on one case? What about the dozens of other ones they definitely knew about it? Give me a break. Yes, the Browns made a dumb decision, but they shouldn't be just let off the hook. They gave him the contract, cut him or don't but you should have to deal with the financial repercussions of it no matter what. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I’m extremely disappointed that this is only a civil case as opposed to a criminal one, but I’d wager a few years later and the lack of physical evidence would have made a conviction downright impossible, which is an absolute shame on a human level if these disturbing allegations are remotely true, which you’ll have an impossible time convincing me that they aren’t true.

From a football perspective, at least he should be put on the commissioner exempt list immediately.

Hopefully this voids the contract for Watson and hopefully the Browns have to eat 100% of the dead cap that they’ve created to date, and then it becomes a termination of cause for the contract, effectively ending on the date of ________.

I’ve been very outspoken about my stances on this issue for years now and hopefully justice is served and it’s a shame that prison time isn’t on the table. At the very least, it would be nice to see Watson drained of everything financially.

This.

This whole thing is a mess. Cleveland finally fielding legit teams, only for Watson play and baggage to drag it down. meanwhile Baker is looking like a quality starter in TB. oh, and then theirs that contract..... nightmare all around for brown fans 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

That is great, I just do find it really unlikely he actually disclosed anything.  And if he did tell the entire truth and the Browns to be like ok that is all good we will sign you to a massive contract....that is insane.  

1 hour ago, August4th said:

This whole thing is a mess. Cleveland finally fielding legit teams, only for Watson play and baggage to drag it down. meanwhile Baker is looking like a quality starter in TB. oh, and then theirs that contract..... nightmare all around for brown fans 

Baker was always a quality starter. He just got hurt. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

That is great, I just do find it really unlikely he actually disclosed anything.  And if he did tell the entire truth and the Browns to be like ok that is all good we will sign you to a massive contract....that is insane.  

Yup, no way the CLEVELAND BROWNS would ever do something insane!

I feel like the Browns need to suffer some here. From what we know they said they did their homework to know what was going on, and clearly they did not. On top of that, they made a mockery IMO of the process of being ruled out, then just offering what they did. Based on the reporting at the time it really comes off like he only went to Cleveland because they fully guaranteed the contract.

On top of that, I feel dirty from they way that Cleveland manipulated the contract that first year to pay him the full value and make his base salary minimal to mitigate the impact of the suspension to add to the enticement of coming there. So I feel even less bad for them on that front. They basically bent over backwards to make it completely that Watson disregarded all the situational aspect to almost be tested to say no to the trade.

Lastly if anything comes from this, just ban Watson from the NFL. Fine him $30M. Fine the Browns, make them take the hit of Watsons contract, dock them a pick. On top of that I would suspend Andrew Berry 1 year as well as something for Kevin Stefanski for continually saying through all of the saga that they did their research, they knew the story, they knew that was the end of it, and they were comfortable there was no more accusations out there.

• Like 6