Steelers plan to start Russell Wilson against Jets

Forge

1 hour ago, Blackstar12 said:

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

I don’t get this one bit what could Wilson do better than Fields?

Russ is a better downfield passer than Fields, but Fields is much more mobile than Russ and gives you a lot more flexibility in what you can run.

Wilson also holds onto the ball longer than almost any QB, whereas I think Fields has been getting it out very quickly.

• Like 1

This makes me wonder how Russ looked in TC compared to Fields. I mean they are only scoring 21ppg but they have an elite defense, so it clearly has been working for that 4-2 record. You knew with Fields the passing attack was not going to be great but the running game would jump. I kind of liked the old-school feel for them with that smashmouth kind of focus. 

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

giphy.webp

wrong-answers-only-what-is-happening-in-

This Halloween season if you get the chance, I encourage you to watch this commercial. I know I know, I missed the fact that apparently this is a Subway commercial advertisement, and not what this commentator aptly stated:

"He delivers this entire monologue like a serial killer whose calmly talking to someone he tied to a chair with their mouth taped shut."

• Like 4

Pitt must think they can win now. Because long term this doesnt make sense, Fields was playing good ball. Why not see if he can make strides and be the QBoTF? I just think that Fields is still a question mark going into the off-season when you can get that question out the way this year. I feel like Russ is more of a risk because if they start losing guys are going to put it on him. 

4 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Pitt must think they can win now. Because long term this doesnt make sense, Fields was playing good ball. Why not see if he can make strides and be the QBoTF? I just think that Fields is still a question mark going into the off-season when you can get that question out the way this year. I feel like Russ is more of a risk because if they start losing guys are going to put it on him. 

Kind of feel like they know he's not the QB of the future. May be a bridge guy, but I just don't think he runs a passing offense well enough to allow for a team to really commit to him in that way. 

Wow prepare yourselves Pittsburgh fans. Russ somewhere doing high knees on a plane eating a SPICY sandwich. You're gonna love him trying to scramble like Fields and instead of making a wide open checkdown pass for first down, he takes a sack for loss and kills your drive. Truly a baffling decision by your front office on this one

• Like 1

This is not a move you make at 4-2.

2-4? Absolutely 

I'm a big Mike Tomlin fan. I mean...all he does is win in Pittsburgh.

So, hard for me to be too critical of his decision making. Maybe they start playing better?

But I would worry about the sack fumble on Russell Wilson.

Over the years as he's become way less mobile? I've noticed he's been putting it on the ground more, when getting sacked.

Now maybe Pittsburgh's O-line is just so good, they don't need to worry about that.

But I would really like to know right now, Pittsburgh's turnover differential with Justin Fields at QB.

Because if it's been pretty good?

That would be my biggest concern, with inserting Russell Wilson in.

I emphasize again...no way I make this move at 4-2.

But from a Washington Commanders outlook?

We play Pittsburgh this year. Fairly soon, I believe.

We played the Bears last year with Justin Fields & he steamrolled us big time. 40 something to whatever. ( Course, everybody did...lol)

So count me as a big fan of this switch, when we play Pittsburgh.

Very much so.

• Like 1