Curious Case of Mike Mularkey

KingTitan

6 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Seahawks are really about to hire Schottenheimer as OC lmao

I'd sooner offer Robiskie a lifetime contract before I'd want to hire Schotty.

i just don't understand why these clowns are utterly incapable of hiring any new blood. nfl front offices are just gutless

With the Norv Turner and Brian Schottenheimer hires, just wanted to repost my thoughts from a couple of days ago.

On 1/11/2018 at 12:56 PM, TitanSlim said:

I want some fresh blood at OC. Brian Daboll, Sean Ryan, Kevin Sumlin....something new. I'm tired of NFL always going in the retread route. Give these new guys a shot.

It won't happen here though.

Edited by TitanSlim

Mularkey brought that resiliency and strength of will to our team which is what we needed after a 2-14 and 3-13 season. He just doesn't have it X and O's wise. Now that we have the mindset and foundation built it's time to move on. The only dilemma in that plan is that he kind of ruined it by making and winning a playoff game so it depends if Amy wants to stay committed to him or not. We all knew when he was hired that he was hired to be that "disciplinary" (even though he wasn't AS much of one after his stint in Jacksonville) and after that discipline was instilled to the team we would bring in the coach to take us to the next level. I really think Amy needs to let J-Rob do his job and allow him to make the coaching changes he feels are necessary, whether it be HC, OC, or both.

It's been the plan all along...hopefully J-Rob is allowed to do his thing.

Edited by dtait93

One positive for Mularkey to me was that the team never quit on him, was resilient, and always played hard. After the performance tonight, I can't say that about him anymore. We completely folded under the bright lights tonight.  I just don't believe Mularkey is ever going to be the coach to get us to that championship level, and his lackluster performance against one of the greatest coaches of all time made it clear as day that we're not going to get to that level with him at the helm. It's time to move on.

12 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

One positive for Mularkey to me was that the team never quit on him, was resilient, and always played hard. After the performance tonight, I can't say that about him anymore. We completely folded under the bright lights tonight.  I just don't believe Mularkey is ever going to be the coach to get us to that championship level, and his lackluster performance against one of the greatest coaches of all time made it clear as day that we're not going to get to that level with him at the helm. It's time to move on.

I always thought we'd fight...but tonight didn't feel like we fought. 
They didn't quit, but it didn't feel like their best game. Especially the o-line...