The Jon Gruden Thread, Man

BackinBlack

5 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

He has a pretty extensive history in the league but I don't know his work specifically.

New York Jets (2009)
Defensive quality control & defensive backs coach

New York Jets (2010–2012)
Assistant defensive backs coach

Buffalo Bills (2013)
Linebackers coach

Cleveland Browns (2014–2015)
Defensive coordinator

San Francisco 49ers (2016)
Defensive coordinator

12 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

It's about god damn time!

While this is good news. Who is this person? It feels like there a lot of twitter accounts like this that frame themselves as "Raider News" types and pander to the temperature of social media fans.

If this is something "Gruden already told people" then why isn't ANYONE reputable mentioning this? Not a single person with ties to the team in the press like Jerry McDonald who has Gruden's phone number? Just curious is all. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Rest my case on what I was saying above about these "Raider news" people. This statement was literally ripped from this video.

Yeah, this guy is a blogger. Like us, he takes stuff that he learns and posts it. To his credibility, on occasion, he has gotten a few interviews and been given a press pass a few times. I don't know that he has sources inside the team or that he doesn't. I don't/wouldn't rely on him for his "news" but If I see something that has been known to have been said (corroborated) somewhere else then I will put weight in it. If i see something interesting that I want to comment on or agree with, I do. Pretty simple.

• Like 1