The Jon Gruden Thread, Man

BackinBlack

2 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Man. The more that comes out about the last staff, the happier I feel that they're gone. I felt JDR should have been axed but was 60/40 in favor. Now I'm glad they're gone; even a lateral move to someone experienced and just not tone deaf could have been good. Pagano was cool though

Yep. What a mess. Musgrave was the best coach of the Del Rio era and Jack screwed that up. I find it funny how Del Rio and Tice bullied Musgarve, what a joke.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

So Jon is going to overhaul the roster Reggie built? How's that going to play out with Reggie?

Great news though. But do we want to see Jon having such pull on the roster?

Our CBs and WRs were terrible this last season.  A. Cooper obviously has big play capability and is still very young.  He just needs to improve his catching and maybe work with a nutritionist to get his weight/body right for the season.  I personally think we should keep C. Patterson but I'm sure if we cut him there will be a plan of action to replace him with someone better.  The only other players worth keeping out of those two groups is T.J. Carrie and maybe D. McDonald.  D. McDonald would be decent depth at #5 or the practice squad, or maybe even special teams.

8 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Our CBs and WRs were terrible this last season.  A. Cooper obviously has big play capability and is still very young.  He just needs to improve his catching and maybe work with a nutritionist to get his weight/body right for the season.  I personally think we should keep C. Patterson but I'm sure if we cut him there will be a plan of action to replace him with someone better.  The only other players worth keeping out of those two groups is T.J. Carrie and maybe D. McDonald.  D. McDonald would be decent depth at #5 or the practice squad, or maybe even special teams.

Cooper added muscle, not fat. I think his goal was to get stronger but instead he got slower.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

So Jon is going to overhaul the roster Reggie built? How's that going to play out with Reggie?

Even if JDR stayed, I doubt there wouldn't have been big roster changes this offseason. I think it will be a collaborative effort.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Cooper added muscle, not fat. I think his goal was to get stronger but instead he got slower.

I didn't say he added fat.  I'm saying that a nutritionist can help him lean down and get his speed back up.  Maybe I meant dietition? Either way, he just needs to drop some weight.

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I would hope that Reggie realizes that there needs to be overhaul and it will be a collaborative effort. It could play out in a natural way that doesn't necessarily undermine RM. They can just lump the dead weight guys and system fit guys brought in together. The Rams were able to get this done with a new coach and the same GM. The Eagles did it with the same HC/GM combo. 

However, it is a road that can sow discord when gone down if RM tries to pull rank and Gruden scoffs at it because of contract, but I wouldn't expect that to be the case early or even us knowing if it was. The entire football world knows the underperformers and overpaid guys, so I would think (hope) that RM/Gruden do too. I'm just being optimistic about it - it's certainly a dynamic to keep an eye on.

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

I didn't say he added fat.  I'm saying that a nutritionist can help him lean down and get his speed back up.  Maybe I meant dietition? Either way, he just needs to drop some weight.

Personally i don’t think his diet is the problem i think how he got bigger was. He might need to get with a good strength and conditioning coach to convert that bulky muscle into lean muscle. Get on that P90X life. 

I mean he’s not like Eddie Lacy or anything so he should be able to get down to size easily. 

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

D. McDonald

McDonald shouldn't be on an NFL roster. 

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

Even if JDR stayed, I doubt there wouldn't have been big roster changes this offseason. I think it will be a collaborative effort.

I think we're all kidding ourselves if you think Reggie is going to be a around long. He built this roster..... now he's going to "collaborate" in tearing it down? 

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

McDonald shouldn't be on an NFL roster. 

I think we're all kidding ourselves if you think Reggie is going to be a around long. He built this roster..... now he's going to "collaborate" in tearing it down? 

It's not a teardown. The building blocks aren't going anywhere.