What QB Do We Want Going Into 2018?

joru1000

If It's One or the Other, Which QB Do You Want Going in to 2018?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Case or Teddy?

2 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Goff was also on his true rookie year.

Goff by the end of the year started to come along and did look better than Case.

Case last year could not even stay in the pocket with no pressure, he was constantly worried. His accuracy was so much worse than Goff ever was last year. Case was just a hideous thrower.

Case what he could do is something he is doing this year, he could make some plays end up happening. Except this year, he is throwing a lot more on target and we are asking him to do a lot less.

Any team that will be willing to sell him a contract will look back at past success. Of course he will be getting someone to gamble off of this years success, but they still will look back to the 2016 season and that is why he isn't going to get Kirk Cousins type money.

Keenum 4-5 record
Goff 0-7 record

Are wins not the most important statistic? If Keenum got a Fisher-coached team near .500, he wasn't as atrocious as you think.

4 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Case Keenum - 3 years, $45M ($20M guaranteed)

Teddy Bridgewater - 1 year, $10M ($6M guaranteed)

Kirk Cousins - 5 years, $125M ($70M guaranteed)

Who would you sign?

Both Keenum and Bridgewater, assuming most of Keenum's guarantee was in the first year. $25m for two potential starting-caliber options is a BARGAIN.

One year trial run for them to duke it out in camp and reassess next offseason.

3 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Keenum 4-5 record
Goff 0-7 record

Are wins not the most important statistic? If Keenum got a Fisher-coached team near .500, he's not as atrocious as you think.

Wins are better used as team statistics. 

Drew Brees had... what? 3 years in a row of 7-9 records? Does that make him a below average QB?

10 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Wins are better used as team statistics. 

Drew Brees had... what? 3 years in a row of 7-9 records? Does that make him a below average QB?

I'm just saying in comparison to another QB on the same exact roster in the same exact scheme, Keenum showed he was more of a winner than Goff last year.

Keenum gets railed for his overall career statistics, but that's mostly due to his rookie season, going 0-8 with a 54% completion rate. Are people holding Jared Goff to the same critical standard right now, putting his numbers this year into last year's context?

Keenum was a career 58% passer and had a 9-15 record as a starter coming into the season, as someone brought up. But remove the rookie year from the equation, and he's a 61% passer with a 9-7 record as starter in three years of spot starting duty.

I really think you guys don't get the term "worst case scenario!"  It's "worst case" because it would be a complete disaster...like dying from an unfortunate poinsettia accident...horrible, but the odds of it happening are extremely thin!  

I mentioned all three quarterbacks bolting as the very worst thing that could happen in the off season...though I believe that it's highly unlikely. 

With rumors of Shurmur potentially wanting to keep Case and Case feeling reciprocally, how much leverage do you think we would have to sign Teddy, franchise Case, and then flip him to Shurmur. I'd like to see us get a first rounder for him; realistic scenario? I'm not sure if we have the cap room to pull it off.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21991953/case-keenum-join-pat-shurmur-minnesota-vikings-offensive-coordinator-hired-qb-needy-team

35 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Would you guys be upset if we gave Teddy a 3 year deal and $20M/yr and Case went out and got the same contract elsewhere?

I dont think I'd be upset...I trust the coaches and medical staff; if Teddy is the dude, hes the dude. That said, if we let Case go I want us to tag and trade him. Would be a shame to get no comp from all these great assets.

Archived